What's new

2004 d halves

joad

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
511
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Walked into local bank this morning and someone had turned in a bag each of $100 worth of 2004-d and 2003-d halves. They are definitely uncirculated. They are all super clean. Not silver, but it looks like they bring a slight premium. What do you think?
 
Upvote 0
I'd go for it.

They have a 60-80 cent premium right now I believe.
 
I got both bags and it turns out that they are 50-50 P and D. Someone broke open a couple of US Mint bags and turned them in. The bank made them open the sealed mint bags so they could count them.
 
I had some of those - kept a roll of nice ones of each then dumped them back to the wild. I also had some $250 bags of Presidential Dollars that went the same route. Lot of money for them and couldn't find anyone interested in them. I error checked them then away they went. I paid face so it didn't matter to me but someone paid the premium at one point from the mint and it isn't cheap. I think it is $319 plus shipping for one of those $250 bags :tard: I did see that a few went on ebay for a little premium so you could go that route but the fees might get you. I'd wait for one of their listing special periods that favors you having to list something at a high start-up price. The bag are cool though and they are also worth a couple bucks!

Maine_Jim
 
I pulled about 20 of each and set the rest free. Coming to a bank near you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom