OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a nice turn out.Its too bad the state archie didnt show.Mike and I had alot of interest from the other treasure hunters that have diesel powered boats about buying our refined veggie oil to treasure hunt for half the cost of diesel fuel.One thing that will hurt treasure hunters this season will be the high costs of fuel.When i crank up my 2 diesel engines,that smell of veggie oil and french fries is Freedom!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There were over 70 people that came to the meeting. Here is a picture of the end of the meeting.

Attachments

• DCP00956.JPG
    DCP00956.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 466
OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl,

Must be you :o,i see a pic.They say you go blind looking for treasure at a old age.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ROFL hey! enough with the old lady jokes! tooo funny! I can see the pic now....must have been the sun glaring off my screen when I was outside! :tongue3: The sun finally came out!! wooohoooooo Sure hope all those folks find lots of treasure!!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John Brandon (as usual) won the award for blowing 1,620 holes in 69 days. Doug Pope won an award for being out 131 days and finding 320 artifacts. Tommy Gore came in third place for being out 25 days.

Taffi was very concerned about the state archies that want to shut down commercial treasure salvage. All archaeologists are required to join the RPA. Now, the RPA wants to ban the archies that work for commercial salvors. What a bunch of crap! The state has not issued a salvage permit in 15 years. I guess they forgot that the $17 million in treasure the state has all came from commercial salvors. Here is a picture of me and Diverlynn outside the library.

Attachments

• DCP00958.JPG
    DCP00958.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 458
OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the state archies want to shut down commercial treasure salvage they will no longer have any more work to do other than people finding indian artifacts all over the state.

What a fine looking couple.Didnt know you you 2 were married :icon_pirat:

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
more pics

Attachments

• meeting6.jpg
    meeting6.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 422
  • meeting5.jpg
    meeting5.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 447
  • meeting4.jpg
    meeting4.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 433
  • meeting3.jpg
    meeting3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 453
  • meeting2.jpg
    meeting2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 452
  • meeting1.jpg
    meeting1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 435

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Me thinks Fisheye is smoking more than fish... :icon_scratch:

heres a few pics from the meeting

Diverlynn :icon_queen:

Attachments

• sub meeting3.gif
    sub meeting3.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 395
  • sub meeting2.jpg
    sub meeting2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 432

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sending this picture to my State Reps and other congressmen along with this quote from "The Rainbow Chasers..." to wit:

"The sea is a domain unto itself and the salvage of valuables from the sea is a tradition supported by a large body of case law in many countries. (certainly including Florida)

Salvage operations must be regulated or there will be bloodshed.

There is nothing quite as unpredictable as an underpaid bureaucrat with too much discretionary power."

There is law and there are bureaus to see the law administered. One of those bureaus is the Bureau of Archaeological Research here in Florida. I will demand to know, vis a vis my state representatives, why, given the opportunity to meet with the people they so zealously wish to govern, that the BAR failed to appear at this meeting. Especially since they picked the date and time themselves.

Several reasons for this dismissive reaction come to mind; abject disdain, subrogation by federal agencies, zero budget (fiscal year for State of Florida generally runs from Oct. 1st through Oct. 1st, so we are only midway through the fiscal year), or, perhaps they believe that nobody is paying any attention to what they are doing. Let your representatives know.

Terry Armstrong sends

Attachments

• meeting1.gif
    meeting1.gif
    137.2 KB · Views: 425

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Signumops thats exactly what Taffi Fisher wants us to do. Write to your local state rep and ask: 1. For a full accounting of what treasure the state has in its inventory. I know there is a lot missing and I suspect that the state archie (Ryan Wheeler) has a sizable personal collection stashed away for his retirement. 2. Why has there been no new salvage permits issued in 15 years? Doesn't the state know that the private sector are the ones that gave all that treasure to the state to begin with? 3. Why didn't the state BAR show up for the meetings that THEY scheduled? There is something fishy going on at the Dept. of State and the taxpayers are getting screwed!

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely no state rep doesnt even know how much treasure the state has.Someone need to file a Freedom of information act application to get it.Then they HAVE to give you the information.An its better to have a maritime lawyer file the paperwork and request the info.If any of us no bodies do it,they just may file all the paperwork in the nearest waste basket like they do with all the letters you send to the state reps.Isnt there lobbyists that do this sort of thing on a daily or weekly basis?

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Hey Fisheye,I was hoping to meet you at the library.I saw a big Ford
diesel truck on my way in to town that looked like it had a bio-diesel tank
in the bed.That wouldn't have been you would it.You came to mind when
I saw that truck.Didn't think to smell for french fries-dead give away.
Good luck this season.HH Joe

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ya, that was Fisheye and his new wife, Mike Maguire :D Here is a picture of Taffi at the podium. Fisheye is on the right and Mike is hiding behind trhe flag.

Attachments

• DCP00957.JPG
    DCP00957.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 386
  • DCP00957.JPG
    DCP00957.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 383
OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

If you saw this truck,it was me an mike.the tank in the back is our veggie oil collection tank,plus a reserve tank when we need it to go 1000 miles non stop.

Attachments

• fordfreedomfueltruck.jpg
    fordfreedomfueltruck.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 377

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Isn't it nice that you can't even step off some of the beaches in FL without Fisher's permission. I'm not talking about off shore shipwrecks. Just even 10 feet past the low tide mark. Wish I had the money to tie up hundreds of miles of coastline and ocean.

Just my thoughts.....

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts are you really don't seem to be speaking the truth, apparently your misinformed or have some issue with someone.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
davebien from Il.? You seem to know a lot about us down here in Fl. Maybe you need to do some research and see just what the Fishers went through for years and is going through now so our industry can continue and thrive.

Misinformed? Ya think??

Diverlynn

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
davebien from Il made a similar posting in this thread (#12) back on March 25th. I thought Mad4wrecks set him straight. ;D ;D ;D

ddoggett

Tenderfoot
Nov 1, 2005
Ottumwa, Iowa
I am curious! I wonder if the Fishers have ever considered letting subcontracts to those that are divers, but are limited to only small craft and little budgets??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread