๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION 2008 NYG S. BOWL RING DUG ON MYRTLE BEACH -RETURNED! PLAYER REVEALED! NEW PICS !

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. , Expl.II & Excalibur
clovis97 said:
Stevie,

Thanks so much for the personal reply!

How about posting a picture of your dad?

Hello Clovis, I posted a picture of me and my pa on here. This was about a year or so before he passed. I think the picture is a neat ending to the story. You may have to scroll down to see it but it may automatically move up in time. Take Care and Good Luck, My Friend, Steviewhite

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nathatniel Spogsworthy said:
What a nice thing you did, and what a loser the recipient was. I bet he hocked it already to supplement his job at mcdonalds.
Hello Nathatniel Spogsworthy,

Thanks for the reply. Many people in the world today have lost, what used to be, the appreciation for each other and compassion for each other. It seems like they are only concerned about what they can obtain from one another. The world is a rat race - and the rats are winning. It was fun finding the SBR, and a great find for me. Many people got to see their first real SBR. I am looking forward to findng many more neat things this summer. Getting cabin fever here with all the snow we are getting. Have a good one, and hope to see you again on here, with a great find. Take care ane keep loop swinging my TH friend, Steviewhite

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate to say it but i don't think he would have gotten that ring back if it were me... i might have just tossed it into the ocean :headbang:

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: 2008 NYG S. BOWL RING DUG ON MYRTLE BEACH -RETURNED! PLAYER REVEALED! NEW

underarock said:
I hate to say it but i don't think he would have gotten that ring back if it were me... i might have just tossed it into the ocean :headbang:
[/quoteHello underarock, I know what you mean about throwing it back in. You wander about some people. You wander what the world is coming to. What happened to gratitude and appreciation. Well, Its sad but enjoyed the find and returning it. I still think THers are a breed apart. Have a good hunt and thanks for the reply. Steviewhite

tonesbones

Greenie
Sep 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250- My first ever!
Re: 2008 NYG SUPER BOWL RING FOUND ON MYRTLE BEACH BY WV TH'ER - RETURNED !! NEW PIC

notgittinenny said:
Hey tones, what are you doing in your avatar?..........NGE

I went on that crazy ABC tv show called WIPEOUT! I'll put a link to my episode.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, I know what you mean about people today. My story and i'll make it short but it was a honorable mention posting if I ever heard of one. I ran a 5 man landscaping crew and one day while we were doing leaf clean-up i went to clean out a bush of its leaves, when i see one of those metal close-able clip-boards. You know the one contractors use in the field. Upon picking it up it was opened up and papers were on the ground right next to it. So I gathered up the papers. That is when the first $100 bill showed itself. So I went into this thing to see what was there. It was all bills recorded for jobs done. The information inside was for a garage door company and showed a years worth of transactions with all these bills. So Going through them i find the first check and then a second well after 8 un-cashed checks later and $1800 in cash, I found a phone number to the company who lost this clip board. I called them and told them what i found to find out that the installer has been looking for that for 2 weeks. He told me he was on the verge of getting fired for losing that. So he asked if he could meet with me,so i tod him surei would be there for the duration of the day. sure enough he was there in a hr. I gave it back to him and he could not thank me enough for saving him. I told him your welcome and that is when he says "let me give you something for this." I told him that was nice but he did not have to do it. He replied "Yes I do" he reached into his pocket and the next words out of his mouth were, Awe i don't have any cash on me!!" I said that is fine. He left that was it never heard of this again. The other side of this story, I was in debt, was about to lose my place, and was struggling to just eat at that time in life. I had no money on me at the time and was about to borrow just for lunch that day. All told there was $4500 in there with about 2k in cash..............................................still haven't heard anything from karma yet...........................

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have past what ever test it was with flying colors. Wow,25 Gs and no reward.. Just don't seem right.

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stevie,
You did a great and honorable thing by returning the ring. And what you did speaks volumes about your father's character and the way he raised you. My father passed unexpectedly in 2005, never a day passes that I don't think about him or reach for the phone to call him and share some event or thought I've had that day. I so miss sitting on his porch out in the country and talking to him. He wasn't world famous but to me he was the most important man alive. I'm a junior so I also share his name, I try to live my life in a way that compliments that name and would make him proud. We are a product of our father's efforts to raise us. You have complimented your father to the max. I can say, because of how you have acted after finding this valuable piece of jewelry, that your father too was a very good and honest man. You are a testament to his character and honesty.

That said, I am somewhat saddened that the NFL player didn't offer you some kind of reward, even something small. His actions after you returned his ring makes me think that his father wasn't the quality man yours was or didn't raise him to fully appreciate a good act done him. How a person shows their appreciation for a good deed done them says a lot about that person's character in my opinion. Of course that just my opinion, my 2ยข as they say. I don't know if the player realizes it or not, but you are the rare man by returning the ring to him. Many men would not have done such an honest thing. You sir, are the one in a hundred. The player has been smiled on by Lady Luck and he needs to appreciate it. You are a good man and I'm honored to be a member of a site where you too have a membership. Thank you for representing us here by setting a high standard of character. May Karma reward you with many great finds.

Last edited:

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Stevie,

You did the right thing and I'm sure your father is saying, "That's my BOY!" An honest man is in short supply these days and when we all have to give an accounting of our lives your character will speak for itself. If you have children, you've just set a wonderful example for them to follow and have set a wonderful example for the THing community.

Thank You,
Treasure Writer

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. I wish you luck.

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame on that player for not offering a reward. You did the right thing but he did not live up to his end of the transaction. I am glad that you devulged his name so that his shame will be known and if I find his ring in the future he probably will not get a call from me.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Mr. Darren Barnet is not half the man you are! Shame!

Dan

May 18, 2012
Yorktown Heights, NY
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even a pair of tickets to the game? Stevie you have a lot of good karma coming to you!

alicemeadows

Jun 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Stevie! Glad to meet you today at Beech Fork's beach area. That is quite a ring and a really cool story! I shared it on my Facebook! Good luck with all your treasure hunting. You deserve to find something fabulous after being so honest. ~Alice Meadows

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
alicemeadows said:
Hey Stevie! Glad to meet you today at Beech Fork's beach area. That is quite a ring and a really cool story! I shared it on my Facebook! Good luck with all your treasure hunting. You deserve to find something fabulous after being so honest. ~Alice Meadows

Hi Alice, thanks for the kind words, my friend. It was good to meet you. You are such a sweet lady. I found a beautiful diamond ring at Summersville Lake today. I have 7 gold so far this summer. It's always nice to meet a sweet person like you. Not too many sweet people around any more. If you see me treasure hunting in the future, be sure to say hi to me, ok? God Be With You. Steviewhite

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread