What's new

2009 Detecting Goals

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
1
Location
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the third year I'm posting my goals and it really has turned into a post for myself so I can go back and see how I did. In my house if I write it down I'll never find it in a year from now...not that it is too messy but the wife really enjoys cleaning and papers seem to disappear...lol.

Here we go...

1. A dug SLQ.
2. A silver coin older the 1850.
3. A Pre 1900s military button
4. A coin from the 1700s or earlier - don't care what it is.
5. A silver foreign coin - have not dug one in two years although that one was a Silver Dollar.
6. A Shield Nickel
7. A Tootsie car
8. A Civil War Token
9. A Seated coin (I hope I knock out goal 2 and 9 with the same find.)
10. Contribute a find to a museum or historical society - (I did this last year and really enjoyed it)

I think ten is enough. I hope everyone accomplishes their goals in 2009 and if you want to post them here please do so. I would love to see what you are looking for in 2009. Good luck.

NJ
 
My goals are simple, detect more and find a coin older than 1909.

Of course at the rate the weather is going, the ground is not going to thaw until June!!!!
 
I went on a hunt yesterday and filled three of my 2009 goals with one coin.

I got my silver coin older then 1850 (2), my coin from the 1700s or older (4) and my silver foreign coin (5) when I found a 177? Spanish Half Real (Carolus III). I'm going to change goal two to a Silver 'US' coin older then 1850.

I hope everyone else fulfills all there 2009 goals.

NJ
 
i'm going for the holy grail of all coins ........



1792 half disme ...........
 
pinebarrens1 said:
i'm going for the holy grail of all coins ........



1792 half disme ...........

I hope you get it. If you did would you keep or sell it? lol
 
i would have to sell . at this moment in my life ...........sad to say
 
1. to find a seated coin
2. find at least 5 IH
3. find 12 rings this year

not many goals but I usually only get out on the weekends......Matt

But I have set my goal to go NC and and Virgina Beach to do some detecting. Going in May.....Matt
 
A large cent!!!! These have evaded my detector for about +10 years now!
 
R AND R said:
A large cent!!!! These have evaded my detector for about +10 years now!

Welcome to T-Net. What part of the US are you from?
 
Used to be in warm,warm, Alabama, now in cold,cold, Michigan U.P. .......brrrrrrr...... jUST SAY NO TO sNOW! Been hunting about +10 years now, on finds, used to be on The depot a bit years ago. GNRS veteran 4 hunts. Been using the handle - R-n-R Magnolia Springs, Ala.- for years. My wife found this page and signed me up, i got a good one! Snowed in at the moment, sucks to be honest about the &%^@#&*@#*( snow! Spring can't get here soon enough! Hope yall are out finding cool stuff!
 

Attachments

  • ATT00073.webp
    ATT00073.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 240
Every time I walk back to the old mine area I've worked, I keep smelling an old colonial in the ground somewhere. I know that's what that smell is......and I just want to dig that coin to prove it.

Al
 
Still have not been able to knock off any more goals for 2009 but I did hit a goal I was going to set for next year. I wanted to find a coin older then the 1700s. Last week I found a Spanich Cob from the late 1600s.

I think I'm really close to that pre 1850 silver coin. I feel it coming in the next month or two.

I hope everyone is hitting their goals.

Happy hunting.

NJ
 
My goal is to stay in good health long enough to get back out and do some detecting without a baby sitter! Monty
 
Monty said:
My goal is to stay in good health long enough to get back out and do some detecting without a baby sitter! Monty

Monty,
This is the best goal posted so far...you'll get there. I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck.
NJ
 
SLQ is the first on my list as well. Been way too long for one of those.
 
1) any silver coin (especially a merc)
2) buffalo nickel
3) any coin older than 1899
4) any jewelry
5) more toy cars
6) HORSESHOE
actually i have found a toy car but am looking for more. and real jewelry would be nice... ::)
 
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
SLQ is the first on my list as well. Been way too long for one of those.

Good luck on the SLQ.

NJ
 
pookie-princess of rust said:
1) any silver coin (especially a merc)
2) buffalo nickel
3) any coin older than 1899
4) any jewelry
5) more toy cars
6) HORSESHOE
actually i have found a toy car but am looking for more. and real jewelry would be nice... ::)

You are close to that silver...you will find it soon. If you want that horse shoe just hunt an old farm field.

Good luck.

NJ
 
I did not post goals for 2010 so I'm going off my goals from 2009.

I finally found my SLQ.

I've dug two Spanish cobs one from the late 1600s and on from the early 1700s.

I've dug three seated coins: 2 dimes and 1 half dime

The rest of my goals still remain.

NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom