264.7 KB · Views: 592
  • SNB15327sm.JPG
    SNB15327sm.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 590
  • SNB15337sm.JPG
    SNB15337sm.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 0
Tree you got some great points out of that shelter. Some very nice not to common stuff. I think that red is horse creek chert. No sure what they were making. Hope to dig a shelter after hunting season. You see the post about sifters? Thought you might like those.
Nice finds you had a great year in 2009 :thumbsup:
HH
TnMountains

How far are you from Sequatchie county? Maybe we can dig a shelter or two I have located.

Tn Mtns im in Cookeville Tn, are u talking about Dunlap area? if so i can be there in like 1.5 hrs, its about 70 miles from me.
But im up for it sometime if youd like.
david

Treefrog said:
Tn Mtns im in Cookeville Tn, are u talking about Dunlap area? if so i can be there in like 1.5 hrs, its about 70 miles from me.
But im up for it sometime if youd like.
david

I tell you all what. I have a couple Rock shelters that I have permission to dig on. There is one they say was the motel 6 for Indians. I know where it is but have not been there, They say it was dug years ago... I think if we move the spoils and sift we will find much that was not found. If that does not work the others are about a mile away. I am willing to take anyone from here that wants to do a hunt. I am going to be hunting them before to long. It will have to be before or after Turkey season as I lease out the Hunting rights.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back