What's new

2009 Dime update

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Well after searching for about three weeks looking for the bank where I purchased the 2009 dime box. I finally found it.
Now this is a medium sized national bank branch.
1st attempt- They told me that they did not have any dimes.
2nd attempt- They said that they could not sell me any dimes because they lock the vault three hours before closing.
Today- They told me that I have to call ahead and make an appointment to pick up a box.
Since the bank is not a producer (with the exception of the 2009 dimes I got) I figured what the heck.
So in front of the manager, customers (of which I am one) and without shame or remorse, in a loud but controlled voice I told this teller that this is the third time you have given me the runaround just because you are too lazy to get off your fat a.. and do the job you are paid to do, by the taxpayers who bailed you out.
I went on to say that I have had an account with this company for a number of years, am well connected, and will file complaint with corporate.
Was I a jerk,well maybe. But it felt real good.
 
Upvote 0
"I will not go quietly into that still night". Well done!
 
Silvercop,

I got a whole box, 50 rolls. I had my son Scooba Steve put them on ebay and we made a killing. One roll went for 65.00

Rich
 
Bravo! next time you will probably get whatever you desire. :icon_thumright:
 
" I have not yet begun to fight!!!" Awesome. I am extemely jealous of any of those that can get a hold of the dimes and nickels. It is just not happenin down here. Quarters though is a different story.

Golden Silver
 
What'd she do or say, or were you running out the door when you lobed your grenade? ;D :icon_scratch:
 
Obe,

They did not have anything to say. I said what I had to say, then quietly left. The bank is located in one of those ritzy-ditzy towns. The wealthy do not know how to handle a in your face, politically incorrect, tongue lashing.
 
None obviously. But so what ! I got one, and one is good enough for me.
 
Did you take a free lolipop also?
 
Did you take a free lolipop also?

No, the Dentist said it would be bad for my "tooth" :laughing7:
 
Taking the lolipop would have been the icing on the cake (slap in the face). You should have done it...

Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
Taking the lolipop would have been the icing on the cake (slap in the face). You should have done it...

Golden Silver

And looked at him real crazy "I'm taking this!" And smell it before you walk out.
 
Cherryman68 said:
golden silver said:
Taking the lolipop would have been the icing on the cake (slap in the face). You should have done it...

Golden Silver

And looked at him real crazy "I'm taking this!" And smell it before you walk out.

Classic.
 
Then walk back through the line of waiting people bumping them out of your way. Now that is bad A## :icon_pirat:

Golden Silver
 
silvercop said:
wow. i still have not seen a 2009 in the wild yet
I got tired of waiting to find one in the wild so i went ahead and bought a dime and a nickel om ebay. the listing said they are proofs. but we will see when they arrive. more than likely uncirc's from a roll.
 
DEMERSON said:
silvercop said:
wow. i still have not seen a 2009 in the wild yet
I got tired of waiting to find one in the wild so i went ahead and bought a dime and a nickel om ebay. the listing said they are proofs. but we will see when they arrive. more than likely uncirc's from a roll.
Well i got the coins in the mail today and they are poofs. i've never seen a proof in real life. so these are my first for the collection. they sure are beautiful coins. :hello2: :hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom