2011 dimes: They glimmer sometimes!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
The new 2011 dimes glimmer funny sometimes to me.

Often, when I open a new String roll, sometimes, in the right light, for a split second, they sometimes glimmer as if they are silver.

I fully can see the copper edges, but the plating has a white-like tint to it when the light hits it for a split second.

Anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I hate it! But I have a special CRH lamp that illuminates the imposters and quickly extinguishes any false hopes of silver. Cant wait until September when all these 2011's are dirty like me.
:o

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dealt with this as well when I first started searching Dimes and it was a real distraction. I had to tell myself that just because I wanted the shiny Dimes to be Silver, does not mean they're going to be Silver. True Silver looks way different from any of the new 2010s or 2011s.

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011
My first 2011 was a loner in a roll of dirty ole dimes, and I got excited. Then the next box I opened was all 2011 with a single old dime out of 500 dollars worth. How a 1988 dime ended up in there is a mystery.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I have put them n to a proof and there was not of a difference. Proofs use to stand out but now it's not easy to tell them apart.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broke my own rule during lunch break today, didnt look through the holes at the dime boxes before checkout....ALL 2011's!!!!!! Returned them for CR'd...alot more exciting to see all those hand rolled wraps anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread