2011 DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

BB: you posted -->your gold bars will be 3 times the size of normal gold bars in a week lol
Nah, in the three days they didn't grow any larger, nor change shape
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
you also posted-->see now if you had my climbing gear you could have recoverd those bars and been in a few bars your self...lol

Nah again, I haven't been able to do anything like that since Dec 03 when thay loused up my right shoulder. that terminated cliff or climbing for me snifff

p.s. bars were very aprox. 12 , 6, x ?

Don Jose

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
bb,

I have no argument with your statement. In fact, I have a great deal of respect for both men. :notworthy:

I thought so much of Paul, that I suggested that Garry add him to our research efforts. That was a very good addition, and he has contributed a great deal over the years.

There are many people on this site that are much better treasure hunters than I am. For me, it's always been just a hobby. On the other hand, my sources/contacts and research are well above average. Unlike you, I have never thought the Priest/Horse artifact was two separate stones. :wink:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

well thats no big surprize seeing how i never knew the stones even existed till i came to this site ..lol
it dose not take a brain to know it would have been imposable to see the stones from a plane ...lol

that was the only reason i came to this site to research what discriptions waltz had given .. the rest of the game has been nothing but fun ,yes i have been roll playing and i do enjoy the fun , but . lets get it in some kind of focus before the Rendenous . its not my goal to make you look like a fool in fact i wish you didnt even make your self look like a fool ...lol

but you did not use the horse and priest stone at all ..why not ?

see thats what is difrent between your translation and mine ..

you can not translate the stone as a set with out all the stones . if you try there is about 40,000 combinations and none complete with out all the stones in the set ..

some one should have kick tumlinson in the nuts for lieing about where he found the stones .. that took me months to figer out where he got them from and who put them there ..

you were correct tumlinson was very able to create a set of stones . just not these stones ...

i think he was trying to learn something about the stone by makeing copies of them .. hopeing he would learn something about the real stones .. i under stand why he did that but you really wont under stand why till you know where they were found ..he found them and failed to under stand why they were there ...

we should get the threads back on the topics where they can do some good before the Rendenous ..

setting around the camp fire is alright but not really my first choice ..

you will be shocked just how much i do know joe .. for a old pot head years ago i am as sharp as a straight razor...and i am not afrade to step into the unknown to find the missing peice ..any one can take wild guesses ,and make theories , i have been trying to prove that to all of you from the start ...

but one of those doors open the clue i needed to complete the winning hand ..

keep the coffee hot and i will come see what you got and then show you were you made your misteaks .. i am not comeing to correct anyone .. i am comeing for the free munchies ...lol

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
bb,

I have no argument with your statement. In fact, I have a great deal of respect for both men. :notworthy:

I thought so much of Paul, that I suggested that Garry add him to our research efforts. That was a very good addition, and he has contributed a great deal over the years.

There are many people on this site that are much better treasure hunters than I am. For me, it's always been just a hobby. On the other hand, my sources/contacts and research are well above average. Unlike you, I have never thought the Priest/Horse artifact was two separate stones. :wink:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

I appreciate the kind words Joe, but honestly I don't feel I bring all that much to the table besides an open mind and maybe a more dogged persistence to find something (research wise) that I know has to be out there somewhere. My organizational skills are sketchy and my memory isn't so good anymore.

As far as being a "treasure hunter" goes, other than going out metal detecting as often as I can, I still consider myself primarily an armchair TH'r more than anything. My hope is that the hard work my wife and I have done to this point in our lives combined with a prudent fiscal policy and a smattering of investment luck will allow me to quit the rat race early and turn my armchair hobby into something more.

As far as ever being considered a "dutch hunter" - I personally won't feel as though I can fit that title until I reach the point where someone can drop me off in the Superstitions and within a very short period of time I can tell where I am. Although I've been out there some, I have to get my feet on the ground (so to speak) far more before I reach that level of comfort with those surroundings. Plus - I need to be in a position where I can head out there for a few days of exploring any time I want which is hard to do from NH currently :).

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
BB: you posted -->your gold bars will be 3 times the size of normal gold bars in a week lol
Nah, in the three days they didn't grow any larger, nor change shape
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
you also posted-->see now if you had my climbing gear you could have recoverd those bars and been in a few bars your self...lol

Nah again, I haven't been able to do anything like that since Dec 03 when thay loused up my right shoulder. that terminated cliff or climbing for me snifff

p.s. bars were very aprox. 12 , 6, x ?

Don Jose

my dad was always going rock hounding . when i was about 10 he took us to hunt herkemer daimonds . i saw this nice cluster out on a little ledge i climbed out on that ledge it was just big enough on my hands and knees . i got just about to the cluster when i realized my knee was on a hornets nest . needless to say i never got that cluster of stones ..many times i have wanted to go back and get them . just one thing after another came up and stoped me from getting them

maybe some day ... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Blindbowman said:
cactusjumper said:
bb,

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

well thats no big surprize seeing how i never knew the stones even existed till i came to this site ..lol
it dose not take a brain to know it would have been imposable to see the stones from a plane ...lol

that was the only reason i came to this site to research what discriptions waltz had given .. the rest of the game has been nothing but fun ,yes i have been roll playing and i do enjoy the fun , but . lets get it in some kind of focus before the Rendenous . its not my goal to make you look like a fool in fact i wish you didnt even make your self look like a fool ...lol

you can not translate the stone as a set with out all the stones . if you try there is about 40,000 combinations and none complete with out all the stones in the set ..

some one should have kick tumlinson in the nuts for lieing about where he found the stones .. that took me months to figer out where he got them from and who put them there ..

you were correct tumlinson was very able to create a set of stones . just not these stones ...

i think he was trying to learn something about the stone by makeing copies of them .. hopeing he would learn something about the real stones .. i under stand why he did that but you really wont under stand why till you know where they were found ..he found them and failed to under stand why they were there ...

we should get the threads back on the topics where they can do some good before the Rendenous ..

you will be shocked just how much i do know joe .. for a old pot head years ago i am as sharp as a straight razor...and i am not afrade to step into the unknown to find the missing peice ..any one can take wild guesses ,and make theories , i have been trying to prove that to all of you from the start ...

keep the coffee hot and i will come see what you got and then show you were you made your misteaks .. i am not comeing to correct anyone .. i am comeing for the free munchies ...lol

bb,

You may have a hard time believing this, but your opinion means nothing to me....absolutely nothing. I have forgotten more about treasure's, treasure hunting and the Superstitions than you will ever learn.

How do you expect to tell me where I have gone wrong, without correcting me? I do believe you are, or once were, highly intelligent. Your statements here have convinced me that it would be dangerous for anyone to follow you into the Superstition Mountains, unless they were head and shoulders above your abilities, in which case they should be the leader.

In that respect, folks can certainly make up there own minds on what to do should you be able to find your way to the Rendezvous......

I wish you no ill will, and hope that you prove everyone wrong.....including me. You have been making a pest of yourself with Scott for a number of years now, and are no farther along than your first contact. It seems that, no matter how patient folks are with your wild theories, you just can't take a hint. You're just one more in a very long list.

You are, of course, welcome at the Rendezvous......everyone is. You may find that there are many people who are interested in your theories and conclusions.

Hope to see you there,

Joe Ribaudo

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman wrote
someone who uses his head for more then hat rack ...lol

Hmm well I have been using my own as a rather blunt hammer way more often than desired, and rarely on purpose. :BangHead::tongue3:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Blindbowman said:
cactusjumper said:
bb,

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

bb,

You may have a hard time believing this, but your opinion means nothing to me....absolutely nothing. I have forgotten more about treasure's, treasure hunting and the Superstitions than you will ever learn.

How do you expect to tell me where I have gone wrong, without correcting me? I do believe you are, or once were, highly intelligent. Your statements here have convinced me that it would be dangerous for anyone to follow you into the Superstition Mountains, unless they were head and shoulders above your abilities, in which case they should be the leader.

In that respect, folks can certainly make up there own minds on what to do should you be able to find your way to the Rendezvous......

I wish you no ill will, and hope that you prove everyone wrong.....including me. You have been making a pest of yourself with Scott for a number of years now, and are no farther along than your first contact. It seems that, no matter how patient folks are with your wild theories, you just can't take a hint. You're just one more in a very long list.

You are, of course, welcome at the Rendezvous......everyone is. You may find that there are many people who are interested in your theories and conclusions.

Hope to see you there,

Joe Ribaudo

.i have not talked to scott in years.dont need to ..

you asume facts not in evidence ...

get tom and clay and bob to watch me translate the stone then let them deside .. i think you will be the only one still there ...me tom clay and bob will be hikeing in ...lol

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

get tom and clay and bob to watch me translate the stone then let them deside .. i think you will be the only one still there ...me tom clay and bob will be hikeing in ...lol

Have you spoken to Tom, Bob or Clay about the Stone Maps and heard their opinions of them as some of us have? I know what it would take to convince any of those 3 men that the Stone Maps lead to something other than a waste of time - I haven't seen one single thing you've presented in all your time here that would do that.

I think perhaps you may be "assuming facts not in evidence" here BB.

Optimism is a great characteristic, but it can set one up for a great deal of disappointment if things don't turn out the way one has planned.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

bb,

This is why it's so funny seeing you pretend to know anything about the Stone Maps, or the people who have spent decades studying the legends that surround the Superstition Mountains. Both Paul and I have met and talked to Bob, Tom and Clay. I don't recall talking to Clay about the Stone Maps, but I have spoken to Bob and Tom, on that subject, many times.

Both men are completely convinced that the stones are a total fraud. I believe Clay is of the same mind. Of course they have not met you yet, and I am sure you can convince all three of them of the error of their ways. No doubt in my mind, they will be dazzled by your brilliance.

Both Tom and Bob will be setting in my camp at the Rendezvous. I must warn you that they don't suffer fools well, and will tell you what they think before walking away from your Tayopa, Aztec.......etc. stories based in the Superstitions.

Better get your notes organized better than what you have presented here and to Scott.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST

Joe,
When you say "both men are convinced the stones are a total fruad" do you think they believe the stones are simply a modern creation but may lead to something of value or just a pure fruad leading to nothing.

Thanks,
Bill

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Bill,

I believe both men would say that they may lead to something of value, but neither of them believe that. They will both be at the Rendezvous, so anyone interested can ask them personally. I don't speak for either man, but I believe I know their feelings on the Stone Maps.

I know that Thomas Glover is planning on being there, as well as Ernie Provence. Don't know if the Feldman's will be there, as they may have lost interest in the LDM. Jesse mentioned that he believed that the pit mine that was found was the LDM.

Greg Davis has been there since the first Rendezvous. Jack Carlson as well as Jack SanFelice also make it out to the event. Many other old timers will probably show up. Roy and Beth showed up last year, a welcome addition, and they are going to make the trip again this year.

There are too many more to mention, but I can guarantee there will be some familiar names and faces in camp.

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
bb,

This is why it's so funny seeing you pretend to know anything about the Stone Maps, or the people who have spent decades studying the legends that surround the Superstition Mountains. Both Paul and I have met and talked to Bob, Tom and Clay. I don't recall talking to Clay about the Stone Maps, but I have spoken to Bob and Tom, on that subject, many times.

Both men are completely convinced that the stones are a total fraud. I believe Clay is of the same mind. Of course they have not met you yet, and I am sure you can convince all three of them of the error of their ways. No doubt in my mind, they will be dazzled by your brilliance.

Both Tom and Bob will be setting in my camp at the Rendezvous. I must warn you that they don't suffer fools well, and will tell you what they think before walking away from your Tayopa, Aztec.......etc. stories based in the Superstitions.

Better get your notes organized better than what you have presented here and to Scott.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe - my personal opinion after listening and getting to know Bob and Tom a little bit is that it would likely take a decent sample or two of gold as well as a few VERY CLEAR photographs to convince either of them that it's worth following someone they don't know into the Superstition Mountains, and even then they would both be very wary.

Of course I could be wrong and they'd be the first ones in line to follow BB to his site - although I think they would each much prefer following on horseback :)

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

May I suggest another topic, rather than this one (the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous) for all this back and forth discussions, again, on stones, and all the rest of the stuff?

I'm just concerned that someone who is interested in attending the rendezvous will get discouraged wading through all this........off-topic discussion.

Beth

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote
i welcome the old timers to come and see me translate the stones .. get the people that own them . they will be amazed at what i show them .. there is no question whaT SO EVER I HAVE CORRECTLY TRANSLATED THEM ..

Can you make a solid, irrefutable case that you have located the Lost Dutchman gold mine, without making use or reference to the Peralta stones? Considering the doubts clouding the authenticity of the stone tablets, it may be necessary to make your case without requiring them as a part of your evidence if you wish to convince many of us. Thank you in advance.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
yes i can . but as you know in this legend a lot of cover ups took place both by waltz and those that had a part in makeing the stones ..

.waltz will it self is coded before dick holmes ever got a hold of it .. waltz clearly coded the location of the mine in the will ,,,..
but ..waltz made a map . and i can prove that map was in fact made by waltz with out any reason able dout waltz map is correct and dose piont out the mine

you have to under stand no matter how many people think the stones were fact . waltz put them where tumlinson found them ..waltz coded where the stones were in his will ...
yes i can directly show you where waltz put the stones ...tumlinson went to show his friend and the friend started asking to many question . tumlinson lied about where he found them ...

how do i know waltz coded part of the stones in his will . waltz had out right seen the stones and he put them where tumlinson found them ...i can out right prove this is fact ...only the person that had found the real mine could translate the waltz will code .. i realized what the will was when i knew where the real mine was ...
yes i can prove waltz him self pionts this ma mine and no other location as his own mine ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Beth sorry for my drifting off-topic, this will be my last such on this thread. I did not intend to derail the subject, just was looking for a yes or no from Blindbowman.

EDIT deleted off-topic matter, moved to correct thread: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424920.msg3030341.html#new

Looking forward to seeing you all at the rendezvous in a few weeks, hope that no snags arise to prevent anyone from making it. :thumbsup:
Roy

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Folks,

I have started a new topic for bb's theories. This topic should really be saved for Rendezvous posts.

I didn't really want to get in the way of the conversation, so I let this go on for quite awhile, including joining the off topic conversation myself.

Take care,

Joe

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup: Thanks, Joe. :thumbsup:

I was just concerned that someone looking for rendezvous info would get lost in the conversations. :laughing7:

Beth

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Folks,

I have started a new topic for bb's theories. This topic should really be saved for Rendezvous posts.

I didn't really want to get in the way of the conversation, so I let this go on for quite awhile, including joining the off topic conversation myself.

Take care,

Joe

joee when i need your lack of skills i will call ya ..

we should be able to see those skills at the Rendenous

if i can make it i will be there to enjoy hearing the dutchhunters .. i still think it will be a good event ..

i will reframe from reply to the threads for the next few weeks . i have a lot to do and 15 days to do it in ...
we tried yesterday to put a cut off on the battiery leed , it did not go well .. blisterd my finger and i am going back to day to get a better quality replacement ....cost a little more but worth it after see this cheaply made one ...

we still have a lot of work to get things ready ..
joe do you run the Rendenous .. if not who dose ..?

i want to make sure there is room for this home and the s10 at the camp if not i will leave the mallard at a nother RV park ...

dose anyone know if there is wifi there ...?

your close to the edge of the mt range . you may get some internet ..maybe not ..

i am going to bring some folding chairs but from this far away i just can not take to much weight ...so i am kind of lemited to what i can bring vs the over all weight ...

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i have been going back and deliteing some of the un needed reply of my own in this thread .. i made reservations and i would like to thank you joe for the data you have given to all the members that wish to go to this Rendenous .. we some times forget it is much harder for people that live a long ways away to get to these events and plain the actives and event takes a far more effert then those who live near the Rendenous ...

i will not coming to the event for conflect .. i am only coming to the Rendenous to solve the legend ..and to recover sapmles for my own prove ..i have nothing else add ...we hope to have time enjoy the beautfull state of AZ more then the times i have been there in the past have been rushed and forced to cut short , i hope that is not the case this time .. i plain to be at the rendenous the full 3 days if posable ...

joe when i stated i may make reservations at the lost dutchman state park you stated you would see folks there . if you do make reservations at the lost dutchman state park maybe we can air out some of our diffrences before the rendenous and save a lot of people that part of the debate ...

thank you again for the infomation and hard work you do ... latter

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB - I think you are confusing things as to where the Rendezvous is and where people stay and such.

Go back and re-read the posts more carefully and it should clear things up. Joe (and the vast majority of folks) do NOT stay at the Lost Dutchman State Park Campground for the Rendezvous. That's certainly an option if you want to have a few more "luxuries," but the Park Campground is a little way from the Don's Camp (near the Peralta Trailhead). Take a look at a map and you'll see it may be 20 or so miles and is probably a 30-40 minute drive through Apache Junction to Hwy 60, past Gold Canyon and then down Peralta Road to near the end.

You seem to keep asking questions related to the Rendezvous that have been answered by Joe, Beth and others at least several times now.

In short there are NO services at the Don's Camp - it's not a public location where someone can pay a fee and park their RV at or camp there. The location is opened for this event only because the Don's Club allows us to use it as long as we clean it up afterwards and don't cause any problems. If you are looking for any sort of hookups for your RV, restaurants, ATM's, etc... you're better off staying at the Lost Dutchman State Park Campground.

I've done both now - staying at the Don's camp throughout the 2-3 day Rendezvous as well as staying at a hotel in AJ. If you want to get the COMPLETE feel for things, stay at the Don's Camp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread