What's new

2011 Illinois Silver Tally

Hi L4S, just got back from a little treasure hunting trip with Goldinwater. We hunted the water at some of his classified locations all this past week (Monday-Saturday morning) and here is the results: Got Six gold rings, and one gold bracelet which makes my gold total for the year at: 24 pieces of gold. I also got 25 silver quarters, 5 silver war nickels, 1 Franklin Half Dollar, and 32 silver Dimes. For a total of 63 silver coins! I am now at 231 silver coins found in 2011

I wanted to point out the last pic(the group photo) was taken at the end of our fourth day of water hunting. I found one more gold ring and several more silver coins after this photo was taken. I thought it was such a cool photo so I wanted to post it.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0225.webp
    IMAG0225.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 410
  • IMAG0229.webp
    IMAG0229.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 414
  • IMAG0221.webp
    IMAG0221.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 414
Me and Tommy Boy just returned from Lake Mich. and we did great, thank you Gold and silver GOD. I got 15 gold pieces and 83 silver coins plus 6.210 ozs of sterling. This puts me on 323 silver coins and 65 pieces of gold for the year.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-013S.webp
    MVC-013S.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 408
  • MVC-014S.webp
    MVC-014S.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 400
Damn you guys are killin it. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
3 more today
Total now is 43
 
Goldin and Tommy you guys are sick! Are you able to retire yet with all that gold!?

3 silvers for me yesterday - up to 26!
 
Time of pleasure is OVER ------ Uptd. those # , please ! ------------- Mr. snr # 75 --- Au 4 /////////// PTD # 26 ---- AU 4
 
8-29-2011
 
MR Senior said:
Time of pleasure is OVER ------ Uptd. those # , please ! ------------- Mr. snr # 75 --- Au 4 /////////// PTD # 26 ---- AU 4

Spoken like a true father!

Thanks for updating Jon! Hope life is good!
 
Jon,
Please bump me up to 26
-Jon
 
Shallowdigger got a 35 merc, please bump him up to 18!
 
allright ladies and gents. this is the "home stretch" less than 500 silvers to go before we hit our goal of 2,000 silvers for the year. I'm sure we've already hit it with all the other IL detectorists that aren't on T-net, but as our T-net group, we're almost there. I'm sure we'll hit it.

Jon-L4S
 
Hello Everyone! Goldinwater and I went on another treasure hunting excursion and I scored six more pieces of gold and 10 more silver coins. P.S. the diamond solitaire is 14k white gold and it's marked inside the band .47 so it's almost a half carat diamond with really nice clarity. P.S.S. the Crucifix is marked 14k but I highly doubt it is gold. I did not count it in my totals.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0252(1).webp
    IMAG0252(1).webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 353
  • IMAG0251(1).webp
    IMAG0251(1).webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 356
Put me down for 11 silver coins and 4 pieces of gold for a total of 334 silver coins and 69 pieces of gold for this year. I think my honey hole is sanded in at last.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-019S.webp
    MVC-019S.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 354
  • MVC-020S.webp
    MVC-020S.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 365
put me down for 6 gold for the year
 
Please Bump me up to 28
9/1/11 Rosie
9/6/11 Key Date Mercury dime (1921)
 
Scored two more gold rings(both 10k) from a new spot I stumbled upon Sunday. Apparently, it's not been hit in a very long time, or maybe it's never been hit. I got about 50-75 coins, two gold rings, a silver medallion, and a silver ring in a little over an hour in the water. I left a ton of signals(had to leave and take my boy school clothes shopping) so I'm taking Goldinwater there later this week or the first part of next week to hopefully pay him back for all the great spots he's taken me hunting. I want to give a shout out to Goldinwater, All the time I've spent hunting with Chris(Goldinwater) has really improved my hunting and recovery. To be there and watch him hunt, and see the things he can pull out of the water is amazing!! I fell very fortunate to have the privilege to hunt with, and be taught by someone I consider to be the best in the hobby(I have to say I think I'm a little better than him land hunting though!) LOL!!!. just kidding, He's smoked me more times than I care to count when we're land hunting too. LOL!! I'm starting to think some of his Mojo has rubbed off on me finally. Anyway, about this new spot, I can't imagine the two gold rings I got there is all there is. There has to be more. I got a modern dime from almost on top of the sand and when I rescanned the spot there was a gold ring about 4-6 inches below it in the mud/sand bottom. I couldn't swing my machine without getting two or three signals in every swing. So I'm pretty confident we can both score a piece of gold or two each. Maybe More!! :)

p.s. Goldinwater, I'd still be in the lead on the silver tally if you hadn't gotten so many out of the water! LOL!!! (my pride talking) LOL!!
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0254(1).webp
    IMAG0254(1).webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 345
Bump to 119 on the silver and 1 on the gold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom