What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
Good luck this year!
 
Picked up a box of nickels + $100 in CWR of dimes yesterday. Box of nickels was a skunk. Ugh, I hate doing nickels.

CWR of dimes gave up one keeper: 1964D.
 
Just got a text from my girlfriend who is a bank teller, lady came in a few minutes ago and made a deposit that included some halves.

One of the halves was a 40%er: 1965.

one.webp

Her whole branch are a bunch silver snipers, but every once in a while it works out in my favor.

8-)
 
Picked up a box of halves + a box of dimes over the weekend.

Skunked on the halves, but the dimes gave up three silvers:

1957 x 2
1964D
 
Picked up a box of halves + $120 in MWR of halves.

Skunked on the box, the MWR gave up one 40%er: 1969D.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves this weekend and managed to snag four keepers between them, one 90%er and three 40%ers:

1959 Ben
1966
1968D
1969D
 
Picked up $180 in MWR of halves + $70 in CWR of halves + $32.50 in loose halves yesterday, skunked on the MWR and the CWR.

The loose halves gave up eight keepers, three 90%ers and five 40%ers:

1917(?) Walker (practically a slick, but I can make out a faint "17" I think)
1964 x 2
1967
1968D x 2
1969D x 2

one.webp
 
Picked up and searched a box of halves last night, it gave up two 40%ers:

1969D x 2
 
This month has started very good for me, in fact I am within two 90% of my lifetime totals (if I ignore the two rolls of Walkers I got in 2010)

I got two boxes one had 1 40% but the other was the best - 34 40% and 18 90% in one box!

IMG_20180206_205220878.webp
 
This month has started very good for me, in fact I am within two 90% of my lifetime totals (if I ignore the two rolls of Walkers I got in 2010)

I got two boxes one had 1 40% but the other was the best - 34 40% and 18 90% in one box!

View attachment 1547927

Awesome! Keep on searchin'!
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, one of which was a skunk.

The other box gave up one 40%er: 1967.

The box that gave up the 40%er also contained five plated bicentennials, and two of them looked damn good. The two seemed to be actually silver-plated, but had no mint mark and the weights were off. So I marked them and tossed them back.
 
How do you mark your coins, I thought about that just to see if I ever get mine own back after dumping them in a CC
 
How do you mark your coins, I thought about that just to see if I ever get mine own back after dumping them in a CC

I only mark plated or painted coins. Since they stick out when edge checking, it's easy to pull them out to see if it's one that I've come across already.

I will usually see coins that I mark in the first quarter of the year come back around towards the end of the third quarter. And based on some of the other users on this forum that have gotten my marked coins, it seems that they generally move in a southwestern direction before making their way back around to me. How far away they actually travel, who knows?

My mark is "mastermind" on the obverse and "mm/yy" on the reverse.
 
Your wondering how far they travel, I also do marked "Where's George" dollar bills. Usually they travel up to 60 miles from Boston in about 60 days, but have had 3 show up in California and a couple in South Carolina, it is interesting.

I was wondering if it is worth marking the edges of 2,000 halves I am about to dump and then see if they show up again, figure edges would be faster to mark in a bunch, hold them like they are in a roll and wipe paint across them, or I could do something on the face as I check each one, and I do look at each one to see if they are a no FG or a rotated die
 
My girlfriend just texted me, "kid came in to the branch today and wanted a dollar for two halves, got another one for ya!" and sent my this pic:

one.webp

8-)
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, snagged three 40%ers between them:

1968D
1969D x 2
 
Box of dimes last night gave up a lone Roosie: 1947.
 
Box of dimes last night gave up a lone Roosie: 1947.

Tell me about it, so far this month I'm running 50% skunks, and about an avg/box at .8. Going to be a BAD year stacking at this rate.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom