What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
Tell me about it, so far this month I'm running 50% skunks, and about an avg/box at .8. Going to be a BAD year stacking at this rate.

Last year was my bad year. My goal, as it alway has been, is to pull 100 ozt. of silver out of circulation. Last year I got 50 ozt., so if I can get any amount over that it'll certainly be a better year but not necessrily a good one.
 
Picked up $229 in Ikes + $40 in CWR of halves + $12 in loose halves yesterday.

Skunked on the Ikes, not even any varieties or errors in the mix. Also skunked on the CWR of halves.

The loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1967.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, one of which was a repacked dump and ultimately a skunk.

The other box gave up two 40%ers:

1967
1968D
 
Box of halves over the weekend gave up one 40%er: 1967.
 
I believe that one 40% half is equivalent to just a little two silver dimes. Maybe that's why I stick to searching dimes, otherwise I couldn't take the skunk rejection that you guys face. However, just one 90% half would equal 10-Rosies. Ya got me there guys.
 
Dozer the advantage you have is that 50 lbs of dimes weighs less than 50 pounds of halves :smileinbox: or at least so it seems to me when getting a bag of each.

Halves are easier to check for errors!
 
Dozer the advantage you have is that 50 lbs of dimes weighs less than 50 pounds of halves :smileinbox: or at least so it seems to me when getting a bag of each.

Halves are easier to check for errors!

Ben: and the NUMBERS ARE BIGGER to see. How do you figure, 50 lbs is 50 pounds., just like feathers vs boulders. HaHa, I get your point. I've never really gotten into errors.
 
Snagged a silver Washington from the teller's tray today while I was picking up two boxes of halves on my lunch break: 1958D

one.webp

8-)
 
The two boxes of halves that I picked up on Friday gave up three 40%ers between them:

1967
1968D x 2

Also picked up a box of dimes over the weekend that gave up one Roosie: 1962D.
 
Isn't it sad in a way that we get so excited over a single dime or a single 40% in a box?

It is alot like metal detecting, you never know what you will find, but usually less than you would like
 
Girlfriend texted me this just now, "Got another one!", and sent this pic:

one.webp

If you can, get yourself a snipin' teller for a girlfriend. I highly recommend it.

8-)
 
You gotta wife her up!
 
Two boxes of halves over the weekend gave up three 40%ers:

1967
1968D
1976S Bicenntenial

8-)
 
Mastermind,
a 1976S 40% that is great! I have found a 1976 S proof but it was clad. That is a great find!
 
Box of halves that I picked up this morning after a job interview I had just gave up three 90%ers:

1945 Walker
1951 Ben
1964

Job interview went really well, and I sucked up some silver this morning. Good start to the day!

8-)
 
I got 6 boxes last week, 4 from one bank 2 from another, all Loomis and got 37 40% between the 6 boxes with at least 2 in each
 
Didn't get my order for halves in, in time so no boxes this week. Just called my bank that will sell bags of the coin machine. I don't like quarters but they don't have any halves or dimes so will try a bag of quarters, we are getting 12 inches of snow over the next 3 days so a good time to go through coins.

I may even try a bag of nickels
 
They didn't have any nickels but I got two bags of quarters.

The first one won't be a skunk as I can see a silver 25 cent through the plastic

IMG_20180320_132130823.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom