What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
Wish the youtubers would put out the truth about searching, that it is not get rich quick like they try to say it is.

Hi Ben, What do you think about adding a line for running totals of clad coins dumped? And how do you create that separate section at the bottom of your posts?
 
Hi Ben, What do you think about adding a line for running totals of clad coins dumped? And how do you create that separate section at the bottom of your posts?

Agree, let's show the number of skunk boxes, and the number of brand NEW coin boxes that are returned to the banks. That should put a dampener on their ideas of getting rich overnight.
 
I will update my signature, (Meg go to the settings next to you name at the top and click on it and then on the left go down to the Signature line)

But I ended my skunk box streak at 18, the last two boxes had lots of marked coins but gave up 3 40% in the 2nd to last and 4 40% and 1 90% in the last one.

t6dX8xLh.jpg
 
Looks good Ben and thank you. I hope your sig update distracted you from the dreadful Pats game.
 
Since they started kneeling I no longer watch football. I was in during Vietnam, joining in 1972 and too many of my brothers and sisters died there to watch some over paid cry babies kneel when many of my fellow vets, including myself, wish they could kneel...

I am into watching golf and the Red Sox
 
Ben, Sincere Thank you for your service.

Since we are out of the NESN viewing area, my wife buys me the mlb-tv single team subscription for my birthday so we can watch the Sox. But they still black out too many games. I can understand blacking out the Sox at Baltimore because we could just go there to watch a game at a nice ballpark, but blacking out the O's at Boston makes no sense. We do CRH between innings.

The only golf i've seen willingly was in Happy Gilmore.
 
Meg
Happy Gilmore - very funny movie, check out the original Caddyshack also it is how may snobby clubs are!

The Sox here, we get every game on NESN, the ones I usually don't watch are the west coast games that start at 10 or 11 pm here. Haven't gone to a game in years at Fenway, like to go the the AAA Pawtucket Red Sox, good ball cheap seats
 
Ben,
Agree with Caddyshack - a classic.
I haven't been to Fenway since 1970. I used to go when the bleacher seats cost $1 but you needed binoculars to see anything from there. I was at the game when Tony C was beaned by jack Hamilton 8-18-67 with my little league team. The minor league games are fun. We used to take the kids to the Bowie Baysox (O's AA team) and I would take the Babe Ruth teams I coached there to take the field and stand beside the players on the field during the anthem. It was a nice tradition.

It may be sacrilige to admit that I prefer Camden Yards to Fenway.
 
Last edited:
Ben,
Are the Pawsox moving to western MA? Worcester?
 
Yes I think in two years and their are changing the name to some stupid like Worsox

That is sacrilege, there is only one Fenway!

I saw Ted Williams, Bobby Doer, Johnny Pesky and when I was a kid I love the NY Yankees with Mantle, Maris, Beara and Ford

here is my youngest son Sean at a card show with Mickey Mantle, that was about 30 years ago

XHaTBH9l.jpg
 
Last edited:
That is a great pic of your son with Mantle! Teddy Ballgame retired the year before I started to follow them. But I did meet him at the Ted Williams baseball camp in Lakeville. I think I was allowed to go because my dad took Williams striper fishing on the Cape.

Oh, Camden yards is also called Fenway South with the Sox are in Baltimore!
 
Last edited:
It is amazing how many Sox fans are out there! However when my mom and dad moved to Tampa they switched to the Rays. The last Sox game I went to was at Tampa, called and got great tickets the same day, can't do that with Fenway!

Back to the main thread

I had ordered two boxes of halves they got in 4, I picked up 2 on Friday and getting the other two today. keeping my fingers crossed
 
Hi Ben,
Nice accident to get more boxes than expected. My standing order is for 2 and that is what always comes in. Looking forward to hearing about your success with them. I think we are due for something special - like maybe a Barber half.

To the rest of the thread participants:
Sorry (a little) about hijacking the thread with talk about the world champs of baseball...
 
got another quarter bag and once again skunked, the mostly come from a laundromat who must search them before dumping in the counter
 
Final post, 1/2/19 heading to the bank to get my first bag of dimes for the year
 
We should start a new post: "2019-Silver rising finds". anyone want to start it for this year?
 
Finally got around to tallying all of my finds for 2018...

This has been a pretty good year for me; only lost five dump banks and three pick-up banks instead of my entire network like in 2017, and I didn't have to endure any terribly-long skunk streaks. I think 30 or so boxes of halves and 20-something boxes of dimes were my two longest skunk streaks. Not too bad considering I had a 70+ box skunk streak last year.

And the silver was coming in pretty steady, even if at times it was at a trickle. Such is life, the universe ebbs and flows.

There were only two weeks + one day where I didn't do any hunting at all in 2018. I picked up a total of 187 boxes of halves + $17,415 in CWR and loose halves, as well as 25 boxes of dimes + $2,740 in CWR and loose dimes, one box of nickels, and $270 in Ike dollars.

Total silver found in 2018: 109.81 ozt.

Lots of highlights this time around:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/569080-whoa-two-solid-rolls.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/572856-mostly-1953-s.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/576396-solid-roll-4-a.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/565794-2018-silver-also-rises-2.html#post5842495 (my best box of dimes this year)
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/584624-good-weekend-silver.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/586052-just-little-off-top-please.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/587152-twas-good-night.html

Found quite a few solid rolls this year!

8-) 8-) 8-)

Good luck and happy hunting in 2019, everyone!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom