What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
Ben: when I catch a half here or there, a 40% is equivalent to 2 Rosies, and naturally a 90% is 5 Rosies. So if I pull 4 40% from a box, I right away think 8-Rosies and makes me feel a whole lot better.
 
going to get a bag of quarters, that is all they have today. My 2 boxes of halves didn't come in, next week I expect 6 boxes, that is what sometimes happens when a bank is late

the quarters are probably and usually a waste of time but I don't have any other coins to go through at this time. They also have a contract with a laundromat so it is probably a nothing bag
 
Ben: see, that's just exactly what I mean, we are so obsessed with this hobby, that we would take anything, just to take a chance of hitting a silver coin. I too Ben, have done the same thing, if nothing else to check, then try quarters. Good luck on the quarters Ben., let us know if you found anything.
 
Well I finished the bag, a New Zealand Dollar AND

a 1959 D silver quarter, so not a skunk. Quarters are usually not worth the effort. Didn't find any errors.
 
Well I finished the bag, a New Zealand Dollar AND

a 1959 D silver quarter, so not a skunk. Quarters are usually not worth the effort. Didn't find any errors.

Did you find any impaired proofs? I've been finding so many impaired proof halves (wife's last box had 10) that I wonder where the other coins from the proof set went? Circulation or rolls? I have only ever received one clad impaired proof quarter in change.
 
No proofs of any type. According to the bank they have two laundromats dumping all their quarters often 2-3 bags a week
 
Picked up a box of halves + $400 in MWR of halves over the weekend.

Skunked on the box of halves, but the MWR gave up three 40%ers:

1968D x 3.
 
Picked up my 10th dime bag for the year, very low results, only 3-Rosies. But you can't catch that collection dump unless you play the game. Oh well, I'll keep stacking little by little, sooner or later I'll catch that dump in a bag. Got a box of halves from one of my branch banks only because who ever ordered them, never picked them up after two phone calls & three weeks later, result, only 1-40%.
 
Just got 2 boxes of halves from a different bank and courier, not Loomis. No enders, started going through them
 
opened the first box, no silver, that is 16 skunk boxes in a row, back to last April.
 
Stopped at one of my branches again, the same one that I caught the ten solid rolls of halves. One of the tellers had a single roll of halves, asked if I even wanted it since it was only one roll, sure bought it anyway, at night opened it up, BAM solid silver 5-90's 15-40's, couldn't believe it happened again. Going back to check if other tellers have more rolls.
 
Dozer you suc* !!

Great score!!! That is what keeps us going, it is like Indy finding the ark
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday that gave up nine 40%ers:

1965 x 2
1966 x 2
1967 x 3
1968D
1969D

one.webp

Also got the camera on my phone fixed, as you can tell by the quality of the picture in this post. The lense was all scratched up when I bought it. Damn refurbished phones.
 
Last edited:
That was one long skunk streak! Congrats on getting back on the silver.
 
Wish the youtubers would put out the truth about searching, that it is not get rich quick like they try to say it is.
 
There are a few youtubers I do follow because I do feel they are honest in this hobby, but yes I agree with you for the rest that they make it seem it's silver everytime, no skunk boxes...
 
Do you want to PM me their names on youtube, I would like to check them out to see what they say
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom