What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
should stick with half boxes, messed up on a dime bag, only half full but they charged me full price I think they grabbed the wrong bag off the machine, it was a new girl, found a 1964

bag of quarters a 2004 WI proof and 2 rolls of Ohio uncs in the bag, but skunked
 
Ben: if this machine is similar to the ones I see, most likely there are two bags per demon. If she pulled the wrong bag, (as the one in front rather than the one in the rear that was the Full one, AND Cleared the tally count on the machine on the so-called FULL one), then when they proceed to run the machine next time it approaches full, it's going to OVERFLOW the bags capacity. I would run it past their head vault teller to see if there was a secondary problem that got created later. Just a thought.
 
Thank you Dozer, she did pull the front bag. I will be going there at lunchtime to discuss it with them and tell them what happened. I feel I am partly at fault because I should have been paying attention as the teller was new to that.
I am afraid I may be screwed since I opened the bag without thinking.

I did find one dime but that may end up being a $450 dime
 
Picked up two boxes of halves over the weekend, snagged three keepers between them:

1964
1969D x 2
 
My goal is always to find 100 ozt. per year.
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday on my lunch break, it gave up one lone 90%er: 1964.
 
My goal is always to find 100 ozt. per year.

forgive my stupidity but how would that relate to coins, i.e. how many 40% or 90% coins? I am sure I could figure it out but I am sitting here are work trying not to get caught on the site

never mind, the boss went to lunch.

I have 45.34 ozt. so far this year, but I think that is very very unusual since I had two monster boxes and a good quarter bag, don't expect that for the rest of the year.
I will try for 100 ozt. but will be happy with 300 silver coins
 
Last edited:
Picked up two boxes of dimes yesterday, one of which was a skunk. The other gave up one Roosie: 1952.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday on my lunch break, one of which was a skunk.

The other box gave up two keepers, a 90%er and a 40%er:

1962D Ben
1966
 
Last edited:
The year has started out pretty good. I have found 36 90%ers which included a 1909S Barber. Also a 1947 Republica De Panama Medio Balboa was found in a MWR. I've found 403 40%ers. Let it keep a coming.
 
The year has started out pretty good. I have found 36 90%ers which included a 1909S Barber. Also a 1947 Republica De Panama Medio Balboa was found in a MWR. I've found 403 40%ers. Let it keep a coming.

Wow a Barber! I have never found one of those! Until this year I had never found a Franklin (now have found 8 (I think))
 
Picked up two boxes of halves over the weekend, one of which was a skunk.

The other box had two enders and gave up four silvers, a 90%er and three 40%ers:

1964
1966
1967
1969S

one.webp

two.webp
 
Very nice.

One of my banks just called they said a guy was bringing in a large amount of halves and wondered it I wanted them. My feeling is that is someone who wants to dump at their bank but I told them I would take them as you never know what it might be.

The guy was still there, he said he was collecting 1776-1976 and got tired of it, didn't check dates have several thousand more halves. I didn't want to ask him whether he checked for silver didn't want to clue him in, in case he doesn't know. Will report when I check them

6:15 pm
13 NIFC but no silver a skunk and no errors

I think he is culling silver, but hate to ask, I will try it a different way, mention the 13 after 2001 and say I didn't see anything before 1970 and see if he says they are silver. I could then offer to buy at melt.
 
Last edited:
Two boxes halves today, 1 ender a 1967. Worked that box the other is for tomorrow

1st box

1967
1968D

4 NIFC

2nd box

1969D

1 NIFC

so 2 boxes no skunks
 
Last edited:
Picked up four boxes of halves over the weekend, and all four boxes gave up silver!

All four boxes also had reverse 40% enders.

The first two boxes weren't all that out of the oridinary, so I didn't take any pictures.

The first box had one reverse 40% ender and gave up two keepers:

1964
1969D

The second box had two reverse 40% enders and gave up three keepers:

1968D
1969D x 2

The third box had two reverse 40% enders and gave up nine keepers:

1964 x 2
1966 x 2
1967 x 3
1968D x 2

one.webp

The fourth box had one reverse 40% ender and gave up fourteen keepers:

1964 x 2
1965 x 2
1966
1967 x 3
1968D x 4
1969D x 2

two.webp

The third and fourth boxes' finds, stacked:

three.webp

So a total of 28 silvers for the weekend, five 90%ers and 23 40%ers!

8-)
 
That's a great week. Congrats!
 
Snagged a 40%er from the teller's tray as I was picking up two boxes of halves yesterday: 1965.

One of the boxes I picked up was a skunk, the other gave up nine keepers:

1943 Walker
1945D Walker
1961 Ben
1967 x 2
1968D x 3
1969D

one.webp

Ten silvers total for the day 8-)
 
It's been a while since I have had a walker in a box, let alone a walker and a Ben! Very nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom