Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Year end totals for 2018, Maryland waters only. Chesapeake Bay from Cecil County to Calvert county, all found in the water, Using a Minelab Excalibur.

A very good year even though conditions were not the best. Think we had the wettest year on record since 1888 and that record was broke in September. If not for the one Honey Hole this year would have been a lot less but thank "God" I lucked out and followed up on a tip from a fisherman on a spot. Had many interesting rings this year, Class rings totaled out with 31, oldest being a 1914 up to 1970. Not a lot of diamond rings, but did have one nice one, a 750 with a 1 carat stone. NO chains or bracelets other then one sterling. Did get 3 rings that were almost identical other then the stones differ and sizes. Each year I feel I get a little better at hunting these old spots, but still so much to learn.

21tn.jpg

Story of the Honey Hole which gave up 40 plus gold rings

About two years ago I had a spot I had been wanting to hunt, my friend Joe had a boat so he offered to take Scott and me out....So off we went to this spot. The three of us found nothing other then I got a silver quarter. As we were leaving I got talking to a fisherman in a boat. He mentioned there was a guy who use to hunt this spot but hunted down the beach. Said he did very well.... I kept that in mind for 2 years, This year Scott and I were out hunting a spot but had No luck. I told Scott I have a spot I want to check out, so we went back to the spot we were at 2 years ago. I told Scott you hunt from the far end near the piers and I'll start at this end. 30 minutes later I pulled a 13 gram gold band along with several other good targets. As I was waving to Scott, he was waving to me...he just got gold also. It was getting dark so we left and came back, the next 11 trips back to that spot I ended up with over 40 gold rings and Scott scored 7. The south winds came on strong, in June and covered up all. I have been back a few times since with little luck but sooner or later she will be open again.

2018 Silver was good, but down from last year.

20190101_133318.jpg

A few of the better hunts and Misc Pictures

2 hunts 5 gold rings
obn1.jpg

7 gold rings in a 5 hour hunt
21a.jpg

2 gold rings jetski hunt
obn22.jpg

18k 1 carat Diamond ring
20180705_191934_Burst01.jpg

4 gold rings 4 hour hunt
OBN tn.jpg

5 gold rings in one hunt
21.jpg

My ride
18424255_1419576528110262_3428911135855545093_n.jpg

Good Luck to all, and Be Safe
OBN-0000 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a year. Congrats on your finds. It looks like you cleaned up the waters! Your gonna have to travel a little next year.

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, Wow, I'm a silver coin hunter, with over 1,000 coins found, lifetime.... I love all the gold rings you found... I know, water and jewelry go together, I just live 2 1/2 hr. from the shore.... Huge Congrats, you must have some lifetime collection by now.... Basssmann

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reminds me a one of those Bigfoot pictures... :)

:P

OBN-0000%20(2).jpg

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to you sir. All that jewelry boggles my small mind!

Best of luck to you sir.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible year for sure. Looks like you have some great hunting spots. Do you hold onto your ring finds or sell them off?

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, what a year. Congrats on your finds. It looks like you cleaned up the waters! Your gonna have to travel a little next year.

Thank You SB! It gets tougher every year seems but very Blessed to have the jetski to put myself in the right places at the right time.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re a inspiration, what a haul!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing thanks for sharing No good beaches near me I have found some rings a fat 14k bracelet with coke bottle charms a plat ring ome of which turned into a water heater for our basement kids took the rest lol Stay safe to you also have a great 2019

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
OBN, Wow, I'm a silver coin hunter, with over 1,000 coins found, lifetime.... I love all the gold rings you found... I know, water and jewelry go together, I just live 2 1/2 hr. from the shore.... Huge Congrats, you must have some lifetime collection by now.... Basssmann
That's Amazing silver coin count you have!! And Thank You! I think I maybe up around 1000 silver/sterlings in the last 4 years, but the 6 years before less then 40. I hunted the fresh drop beach's before and silver is rare unless I should find silver rings. Silver here in the brackish water/salt comes out fairly bad. I do love the silver found on land, always shiny.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This reminds me a one of those Bigfoot pictures... :)

:P
Thanks AARC! I try and stay out of sight from all but once and awhile I do get caught! Girl friend took that one..

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You SB! It gets tougher every year seems but very Blessed to have the jetski to put myself in the right places at the right time.

Jet ski is the way to go, hop on and go. So easy to pull up and jet to a new spot. I would be lost without mine. Congrats on all that treasure, your killing it!!

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. That's why I never find rings in Maryland. Haha Congrats!! great year

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Incredible year for sure. Looks like you have some great hunting spots. Do you hold onto your ring finds or sell them off?
Thanks MC! I keep just about everything except what my family may pick out. I have about 80 spots to pick from, the problem is finding the one that is open. It just takes alot of in the water time to get the hot spots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing thanks for sharing No good beaches near me I have found some rings a fat 14k bracelet with coke bottle charms a plat ring ome of which turned into a water heater for our basement kids took the rest lol Stay safe to you also have a great 2019
Thanks A2coins, Good Luck and just stay with it. You never know what lies in the next scoop.

Thanks Terry, and Good Luck to you! I know your sandbagging on us...Captain of the island pirates!

Jet ski is the way to go, hop on and go. So easy to pull up and jet to a new spot. I would be lost without mine. Congrats on all that treasure, your killing it!!
Thanks Stewielouie! So true buddy. Easy to get into the water and quick from A to B.

Hmmm. That's why I never find rings in Maryland. Haha Congrats!! great year

Thanks dfallis! Plenty more out there, just in the water. I hunted the land before I did the water and never found anything gold on land. The beach changed that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread