What's new

2025 - 21st Annual Dutch Rendezvous Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZGoldHunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2023
Messages
90
Reaction score
280
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1762110122399.webp



FRIDAY - November 14th
  • Gates open at 12PM
  • Dutchman Campfire – 8PM

SATURDAY - November 15th

GROUP HIKE 7AM-9AM

Mourning group hike up Cardiac to Barks Canyon

SPEAKERS 10AM-1PM

  • TV Personality: Woody Wampler – Gold Panning and Prospecting Tips & Tricks
  • Dutch Hunter: John Wayne Galloway – Treasure Hunting Stories & Info
  • Ranger: Marissa Oberhelman & Staff - Tonto National Forest News & Info
DINNER BREAK 5-6PM

EVENING GUEST SPEAKERS 6PM-10PM


  • Richard Leveille – Consulting Exploration Geologist
  • Author: Glenn Rogers - 10 Reasons Why It’s Not in The Superstitions
  • TV Personality: Vanessa Lucido – Stories from Curse of Oak Island and Q&A
  • Author: Jason Fritsch - Cracking the Code on The Lost Dutchman Mine
CAMPFIRE GATHERING 10PM

SUNDAY - November 16th

  • Goodbyes and Pack Up
  • Gates Close 11AM
This is a rough outline of the schedule. Everything can and more than likely will change as we go. Weather, cancelations, and other unforeseen things happen. I would also add there will be other things planned besides what is here. Saturday will be a very full and packed day.

CAMPING INFO

- Gates will be open a little before noon on Friday
- Please camp to the west of Wayne's host camp, Upper lot for RV's, and anywhere that is not blocking the buildings or main walkways. If you have any question, ask.
- There will be people tent camping so be courteous with your generators. I would recommend the upper lot if you want to run one all night long.
- Please keep track of your trash and take it with you when you leave
- There is no running water in camp. Make sure to bring what you need for the weekend. Food, Water, and basics.
- Bring flashlights. There will be some lighting this year but most of the camp will be pitch black. There will be no moonlight this year
- Clean your camp area once your packed and leave it the way yFRIDAY - November 14th
Gates open at 12PM
Dutchman Campfire – 8PM

SATURDAY - November 15th

GROUP HIKE 7AM-9AM

Mourning group hike up Cardiac to Barks Canyon

SPEAKERS 10AM-1PM

TV Personality: Woody Wampler – Gold Panning and Prospecting Tips & Tricks
Dutch Hunter: John Wayne Galloway – Treasure Hunting Stories & Info
Ranger: Marissa Oberhelman & Staff - Tonto National Forest News & Info
DINNER BREAK 5-6PM

EVENING GUEST SPEAKERS 6PM-10PM

Richard Leveille – Consulting Exploration Geologist
Author: Glenn Rogers - 10 Reasons Why It’s Not in The Superstitions
TV Personality: Vanessa Lucido – Stories from Curse of Oak Island and Q&A
Author: Jason Fritsch - Cracking the Code on The Lost Dutchman Mine
CAMPFIRE GATHERING 10PM

SUNDAY - November 16th
Goodbyes and Pack Up
Gates Close 11AM
This is a rough outline of the schedule. Everything can and more than likely will change as we go. Weather, cancelations, and other unforeseen things happen. I would also add there will be other things planned besides what is here. Saturday will be a very full and packed day.

CAMPING INFO

- Gates will be open a little before noon on Friday
- Please camp to the west of Wayne's host camp, Upper lot for RV's, and anywhere that is not blocking the buildings or main walkways. If you have any question, ask.
- There will be people tent camping so be courteous with your generators. I would recommend the upper lot if you want to run one all night long.
- Please keep track of your trash and take it with you when you leave
- There is no running water in camp. Make sure to bring what you need for the weekend. Food, Water, and basics.
- Bring flashlights. There will be some lighting this year but most of the camp will be pitch black. There will be no moonlight this year
- Clean your camp area once your packed and leave it the way you found it.
- Gates will close Sunday by about 11AM
- There is a map below showing some of the areas to camp

MISC. INFORMATION

- There is really only one rule. Everyone is welcome to attend. Once you come through the gates all issues you have with anyone must stay out there. This is a unique gathering for Dutch Hunters, Treasure Hunters, History Buff's, and everyone who loves the Superstition Wilderness.

- There are outhouses but bring your own paper/wipes

- Be conscience of where you park. If you are coming for the Saturday events only. I would advise parking in the main upper lot right when you come through the main gate. Lower areas will already be full for people camping the whole weekend. We must have all the main paths and roads open for safety! We would like to continue having this even each year, but safety could shut us down. There is a map below showing the best place to park. If you're coming for the day only, please use the green area shown below.

- Remember we are in a private camp loaned for the event by The Don's of Arizona. There will be members from the Don's, myself and Wayne Tuttle to help answer questions and help. Do not wing it if you do not know. Ask we are more than happy to help.

LOCATION

20452 E Peralta Road, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

- Using both Apple Maps & Google maps will get you right to the camp by using the address above.
- For those not using digital maps you would take 60 Eastbound to Peralta Road. Take Peralta through the subdivision and school. Follow it until it turns to a dirt road. Follow that road and take it slow if you're in a car. A regular car will make it but use caution. There will be grey Dutchman Rendezvous signs to help show the way. Follow them to the Lost Dutchman Trailhead and look for the small road running off that lot. It will go right into the camp.

Dons Camp.webp

Green Area Main Parking
Brown Area Camping
Red Area Reserved for Hostsou found it.
- Gates will close Sunday by about 11AM
- There is a map below showing some of the areas to camp

MISC. INFORMATION

- There is really only one rule. Everyone is welcome to attend. Once you come through the gates all issues you have with anyone must stay out there. This is a unique gathering for Dutch Hunters, Treasure Hunters, History Buff's, and everyone who loves the Superstition Wilderness.

- There are outhouses but bring your own paper/wipes

- Be conscience of where you park. If you are coming for the Saturday events only. I would advise parking in the main upper lot right when you come through the main gate. Lower areas will already be full for people camping the whole weekend. We must have all the main paths and roads open for safety! We would like to continue having this even each year, but safety could shut us down. There is a map below showing the best place to park. If you're coming for the day only, please use the green area shown below.

- Remember we are in a private camp loaned for the event by The Don's of Arizona. There will be members from the Don's, myself and Wayne Tuttle to help answer questions and help. Do not wing it if you do not know. Ask we are more than happy to help.

LOCATION

20452 E Peralta Road, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

- Using both Apple Maps & Google maps will get you right to the camp by using the address above.
- For those not using digital maps you would take 60 Eastbound to Peralta Road. Take Peralta through the subdivision and school. Follow it until it turns to a dirt road. Follow that road and take it slow if you're in a car. A regular car will make it but use caution. There will be grey Dutchman Rendezvous signs to help show the way. Follow them to the Lost Dutchman Trailhead and look for the small road running off that lot. It will go right into the camp.
Dons Camp.webp



Green Area Main Parking
Brown Area Camping
Red Area Reserved for Hosts
 
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 2220234

Information will be updated as we get closer. Book your vacation and get ready for a great time this year. Any questions please ask away
Azgoldhunter

Thanks Larry. Can't wait to hang out with fellow Hunters and possibly share info/discoveries. See you then..
-SpartanOC
 
21 years!!! Been to at least 15 of them - hard to believe it's been that long since I came across the old LDM forum, got talking to a few folks and took my first flight to AZ, then drive out to the Don's Camp to meet all the people I'd been talking with. I feel old now!!

I'll be there again this year - glad they moved it to November, maybe it'll be a bit cooler!

Just a quick tip of the hat to Joe Ribaudo (Cactusjumper) may he rest in peace. He was instrumental if not solely responsible for organizing the very first Rendezvous those 21 years ago. I know he'd be happy to know it still continues and while the names and faces change over time as we lose some irreplaceable folks, the spirit of what Joe wanted to see lives on.
 
Last edited:
21 years!!! Been to at least 15 of them - hard to believe it's been that long since I came across the old LDM forum, got talking to a few folks and took my first flight to AZ, then drive out to the Don's Camp to meet all the people I'd been talking with. I feel old now!!

I'll be there again this year - glad they moved it to November, maybe it'll be a bit cooler!

Just a quick tip of the hat to Joe Ribaudo (Cactusjumper) may he rest in peace. He was instrumental if not solely responsible for organizing the very first Rendezvous those 21 years ago. I know he'd be happy to know it still continues and while the names and faces change over time as we lose some irreplaceable folks, the spirit of what Joe wanted to see lives on.
Hear hear Cubfan64. May the Spirit of Rendezvous carry on for many more days and cheers :occasion14: to Joe Ribaudo (Cactusjumper). I remember reading his posts years ago on that now "defunct site".
-SpartanOC
 
Do you have to be actively looking for the LDM to attend? I spend a lot of time hiking in the 'supes, in fact I'm an ATV ride from Don's. To think I joined TN 19 years ago. Damn I'm old. 19 years ago I was living in upstate NY, never did I imagine living at the base of the Superstations. I have a big commitment to the Ironman Comp that weekend, but I would love to find a few hours and swing down Peralta. When the weather breaks, it's almost a daily thing.

BF
 
Look forward to seeing you both this year. Unsure if I have met you Cubfan but hopefully will. With screen names its hard to know who is who. I wish I could have met Joe. I feel like I somewhat know him in reading his posts here and on the old site.

I think the Rendezvous has many years ahead. I was speaking with Wayne T. on the phone and he was already talking ideas for the 25th. I'm here to help him and intend to help anyway I can.

More details coming soon
 
Do you have to be actively looking for the LDM to attend? I spend a lot of time hiking in the 'supes, in fact I'm an ATV ride from Don's. To think I joined TN 19 years ago. Damn I'm old. 19 years ago I was living in upstate NY, never did I imagine living at the base of the Superstations. I have a big commitment to the Ironman Comp that weekend, but I would love to find a few hours and swing down Peralta. When the weather breaks, it's almost a daily thing.

BF

No everyone is welcome. There is plenty of Dutch Hunters in attendance but also many who enjoy the Supes and history. So please come on out for at least Saturday afternoon through the evening. Or come camp the whole weekend if your up for it.
 
Don't eat Wayne's chili! If you do bring extra TP. My first Rendezvous was 2010. The old timers all had a treasure story to tell. Most are gone now. It's interesting to hear what the younger guys come up with. Mostly stories about hearts and horses The only gold you will see is in Woody's gold pan. He will be giving lessons. Pay attention if your looking for gold. You can't find it if you don't know how. If it's lost treasure listen to what's being said. You may catch a clue from the rumors being whispered.
FB_IMG_1626888783164.webp
FB_IMG_1626887909316.webp
FB_IMG_1626887885666.webp
FB_IMG_1626887900139.webp
 
Don't eat Wayne's chili! If you do bring extra TP. My first Rendezvous was 2010. The old timers all had a treasure story to tell. Most are gone now. It's interesting to hear what the younger guys come up with. Mostly stories about hearts and horses The only gold you will see is in Woody's gold pan. He will be giving lessons. Pay attention if your looking for gold. You can't find it if you don't know how. If it's lost treasure listen to what's being said. You may catch a clue from the rumors being whispered.View attachment 2221268View attachment 2221269View attachment 2221270View attachment 2221271
Sgtfda

I've heard that Wayne's chili can backfire on occasions. 🤣 Looking forward to the festivities.
-SpartanOC
 
excited to attend. This will be my first one! Are they any nearby watering holes that Dutch Hunters frequent in AJ or Mesa?
We all stay in camp while the event is going on. But if you come before Friday there is a few. Nothing is close to the camp, but I recommend heading to Apache Junction. There I would visit the Goldfield Ghost town and Mammoth Saloon (4650 N Mammoth Mine Rd, Apache Junction, AZ 85119). And if you would like a burger and Dutchman's Gold beer I would hit the Rusty Buckle (285 N Apache Trl, Apache Junction, AZ 85120-3916)
 
Don't eat Wayne's chili! If you do bring extra TP. My first Rendezvous was 2010. The old timers all had a treasure story to tell. Most are gone now. It's interesting to hear what the younger guys come up with. Mostly stories about hearts and horses The only gold you will see is in Woody's gold pan. He will be giving lessons. Pay attention if your looking for gold. You can't find it if you don't know how. If it's lost treasure listen to what's being said. You may catch a clue from the rumors being whispered.View attachment 2221268View attachment 2221269View attachment 2221270View attachment 2221271
Looking forward to seeing you out this year sgtda. If only I could turn back time. I would have loved to have been there in the early days. But we will try and carry on this tradition and make you all proud.
 
I'll also suggest the Gold Stallion right on S. Kings Ranch Rd. www.goldstallionaz.com prior or after your weekend. I am really hoping to break free and swing down Saturday evening. Is there a "loose agenda" of any kind?

Yes, and it will be posted as soon as a few things are locked in. Saturday evening is the main event though. Years past there is guest speakers and a raffle. Both will be taking place. Those should be done by 10ish but that's loose at the moment. There is more after that but its word of mouth but if you grab me during, I'll let you know.
 
excited to attend. This will be my first one! Are they any nearby watering holes that Dutch Hunters frequent in AJ or Mesa?
No places I know of where you can expect to run into dutchhunters.
 
Quick rough update:

Saturday...

There will be a morning hike around 8AM.

Afterwards guest speakers will be in waves. Tentatively there will be 3 waves of speakers. First wave might start at 11AM to give an example. That will have a few speakers including representatives from Tonto National Forest. Prepare your questions for them in advance. Ideally if you send them in, I can forward them on. They will be doing a presentation and Non rushed Q&A afterwards.

Second wave will be some Dutch Hunters after or during late lunch (details coming soon).

And finally, the third wave will start after dinner and contain the main speakers & raffle

The main post with the poster will be updated by TN admins once we have firm schedules and times. For now, I wanted to share a very rough outline for everyone to plan their day on that Saturday.
 
Last edited:
Don't eat Wayne's chili! If you do bring extra TP. My first Rendezvous was 2010. The old timers all had a treasure story to tell. Most are gone now. It's interesting to hear what the younger guys come up with. Mostly stories about hearts and horses The only gold you will see is in Woody's gold pan. He will be giving lessons. Pay attention if your looking for gold. You can't find it if you don't know how. If it's lost treasure listen to what's being said. You may catch a clue from the rumors being whispered.View attachment 2221268View attachment 2221269View attachment 2221270View attachment 2221271
Sigh......... One: You have never eaten the chili. Two: You will never eat the chili because it has beans in it. Three: Zero fatalities from Chili, we pulled the jalapenos because people have allergies to them. Four: Answer your phone! Check your text messages!
There is Chili, hot dogs and for those who enjoy fine cuisine you may have a hotdog with chili and cheese on it! We serve at big ramada for anyone and everyone who needs a meal around 4-5 PM Saturday evening. Frank may have a plain bun if he is nice. If he continues on his disparaging remarks concerning our dinner service he will be served a plate of dirt.
 
Sigh......... One: You have never eaten the chili. Two: You will never eat the chili because it has beans in it. Three: Zero fatalities from Chili, we pulled the jalapenos because people have allergies to them. Four: Answer your phone! Check your text messages!
There is Chili, hot dogs and for those who enjoy fine cuisine you may have a hotdog with chili and cheese on it! We serve at big ramada for anyone and everyone who needs a meal around 4-5 PM Saturday evening. Frank may have a plain bun if he is nice. If he continues on his disparaging remarks concerning our dinner service he will be served a plate of dirt.
Ah, brotherly love... :laughing7:

Thanks Wayne for the reassurance that we won't die. Looking forward to the feast and good company.
-SpartanOC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom