What's new

2025 - 21st Annual Dutch Rendezvous Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year's 21st Dutch Rendezvous is going to be bigger than ever thanks to Wayne. There’s already a huge lineup of great speakers. I am happy to announce in addition to them Vanessa Lucido from The Curse of Oak Island TV series will be joining us. She will do a presentation about the show and her experiences on the Island. Afterwards she will do a Q&A.

Don’t forget the 21st Annual Dutch Rendezvous will be Friday November 14 thru Sunday November 16 at the Don’s Camp off Peralta Road. Saturday will begin with a morning hike and speakers throughout the day. Main speakers including Vanessa will be after dinner

Vanessa.webp
 
Last edited:
Main Final Flyer.webp


FRIDAY - November 14th
  • Gates open at 12PM
  • Dutchman Campfire – 8PM

SATURDAY - November 15th

GROUP HIKE 7AM-9AM

Mourning group hike up Cardiac to Barks Canyon

SPEAKERS 10AM-1PM

  • TV Personality: Woody Wampler – Gold Panning and Prospecting Tips & Tricks
  • Dutch Hunter: John Wayne Galloway – Treasure Hunting Stories & Info
  • Ranger: Marissa Oberhelman & Staff - Tonto National Forest News & Info
DINNER BREAK 5-6PM

EVENING GUEST SPEAKERS 6PM-10PM


  • Richard Leveille – Consulting Exploration Geologist
  • Author: Glenn Rogers - 10 Reasons Why It’s Not in The Superstitions
  • TV Personality: Vanessa Lucido – Stories from Curse of Oak Island and Q&A
  • Author: Jason Fritsch - Cracking the Code on The Lost Dutchman Mine
CAMPFIRE GATHERING 10PM

SUNDAY - November 16th

  • Goodbyes and Pack Up
  • Gates Close 11AM
This is a rough outline of the schedule. Everything can and more than likely will change as we go. Weather, cancelations, and other unforeseen things happen. I would also add there will be other things planned besides what is here. Saturday will be a very full and packed day.

CAMPING INFO
- Gates will be open a little before noon on Friday

- Please camp to the west of Wayne's host camp, Upper lot for RV's, and anywhere that is not blocking the buildings or main walkways. If you have any question, ask.

- There will be people tent camping so be courteous with your generators. I would recommend the upper lot if you want to run one all night long.

- Please keep track of your trash and take it with you when you leave

- There is no running water in camp. Make sure to bring what you need for the weekend. Food, Water, and basics.

- Bring flashlights. There will be some lighting this year but most of the camp will be pitch black. There will be no moonlight this year

- Clean your camp area once your packed and leave it the way you found it.

- Gates will close Sunday by about 11AM

- There is a map below showing some of the areas to camp

MISC. INFORMATION

- There is really only one rule. Everyone is welcome to attend. Once you come through the gates all issues you have with anyone must stay out there. This is a unique gathering for Dutch Hunters, Treasure Hunters, History Buff's, and everyone who loves the Superstition Wilderness.

- There are outhouses but bring your own paper/wipes

- Plan for the weather. It might be cold in the evenings. Bring whatever you feel you need. Layers work well throughout the day. In the event we get rain plan accordingly. There are ramadas as well.

- Sunscreen is a good idea. We will be outside for the entire weekend.

- Mosquito spray might be a good idea as well. The large rains brought an unusual batch of hungry bastards and Gnats

- Be conscience of where you park. If you are coming for the Saturday events only. I would advise parking in the main upper lot right when you come through the main gate. Lower areas will already be full for people camping the whole weekend. We must have all the main paths and roads open for safety! We would like to continue having this even each year, but safety could shut us down. There is a map below showing the best place to park. If you're coming for the day only, please use the green area shown below.

- Remember we are in a private camp loaned for the event by The Don's of Arizona. There will be members from the Don's, myself and Wayne Tuttle to help answer questions and help. Do not wing it if you do not know. Ask we are more than happy to help.

LOCATION

20452 E Peralta Road, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

- Using both Apple Maps & Google maps will get you right to the camp by using the address above.

- For those not using digital maps you would take 60 Eastbound to Peralta Road. Take Peralta through the subdivision and school. Follow it until it turns to a dirt road. Follow that road and take it slow if you're in a car. A regular car will make it but use caution. There will be grey Dutchman Rendezvous signs to help show the way. Follow them to the Lost Dutchman Trailhead and look for the small road running off that lot. It will go right into the camp.


Dons Camp.webp


Green Area Main Parking
Brown Area Camping
Red Area Reserved for Hosts
 
Last edited:
If you are camping overnight it will be cold. Bring a warm bag. It gets cold at night there. Warm coat! I'm talking to you Salvador!
I updated with that Frank. Thanks for the heads up. Cya soon
 
It gets cold there at night! Much colder than the valley. Plus the camp is up against the cliffs and the wind is a issue. I recall looking up in the sky and seeing Wayne's tent about 100 ft flying about. Be prepared for mosquitoes had a lot of rain back there. I use outdoorsman friend from Phoenix Shaving you can get online. The only thing I found that works. Woody will be giving free panning lessons. Take advantage of it.
 
Long range forecast rain Saturday. If your tent camping for the weekend arrive early Friday and grab a small shelter. You can set up your tent inside. I have a tent cot I set up in one. Keeps you out of the wind also.
IMG_20171027_170053968.webp
 
Long range forecast rain Saturday. If your tent camping for the weekend arrive early Friday and grab a small shelter. You can set up your tent inside. I have a tent cot I set up in one. Keeps you out of the wind also.View attachment 2232544
Nice setup Frank!

SpartanOC
 
Less than one week folks! Can't wait to see everyone out there and hope you all have a good time.
 
Hey Gentlemen, I REALLY wanted to be there Saturday, but I have an obligation in Tempe until 6 and then again at 4:30 am. These old bones need sleep in between.

I know there's other locals attending, but if my lady and I can offer any assistance EARLY Friday or Saturday morning, let me know!

And lastly, a young lady from out of town was hiking Peralta to Freemont Saddle last weekend. She lost her phone. She has a location on it, but couldn't find it with her limited time to search. If one of you were to come across it, I will happily mail it back to her! Let me see if I can post the location.

I'll throw an Oz of silver to anyone that locates it.
 
Hey Gentlemen, I REALLY wanted to be there Saturday, but I have an obligation in Tempe until 6 and then again at 4:30 am. These old bones need sleep in between.

I know there's other locals attending, but if my lady and I can offer any assistance EARLY Friday or Saturday morning, let me know!

And lastly, a young lady from out of town was hiking Peralta to Freemont Saddle last weekend. She lost her phone. She has a location on it, but couldn't find it with her limited time to search. If one of you were to come across it, I will happily mail it back to her! Let me see if I can post the location.

I'll throw an Oz of silver to anyone that locates it.
Sorry you can't join us but certainly understand. Thank you for the offer as well. We should be ok with help.

I noticed a Facebook posting for that missing phone. I definitely will be on the lookout for it while on our Saturday morning hike and let everyone to keep their eyes peeled.

We will have plenty more Rendezvouses so hopefully we will get to see you in the future
 
Here are the coordinates to the phone. 33.410014°, -111.355274°
Yep I have it entered in my OnX app ready for Saturday. Hopefully someone can find it beforehand. My first priority is making sure everyone that attends our hike is doing ok. Once in that area I will have everyone take a breather and see if we can locate it.
 
Rendezvous Update: We have a few people traveling in for the event. I wanted to make sure to let everyone know that the evenings could be cooler than normal. Certain weather models are showing some slight rain during the weekend for short periods. If you are checking weather apps, keep in mind checking the Phoenix forecast will have different temperatures than what we will have at camp. It will be cooler than the city. Frankly I wouldn't worry as the predictions have changed several times over the past few days. We will see what we get but just be prepared for possible rain and cooler evening.

Anyone with any last minute questions please ask here or on the Dutch Rendezvous Facebook group
 
They are now predicting 1/2" for Gold Canyon fri. The camp is next to the mountain further north and weather is unpredictable there you get the mountain effect. Just be prepared for cold rain. Sat off and on showers for now. Gold Canyon is the closest town so check their weather if interested.
 
You're assessment is accurate. Low's in the 40's, highs in the 60's. I can say with 100% experience, that it will be at least 3-5 degrees cooler against the mountain. The normal washes were rugged last time I was down there, Saturday won't help. Most are obvious.

There is one after Wave Cave that exposed a bunch of rocks (unless it's been graded), nothing a regular car can't get around, just not over.

As some of the locals on here may have seen; there was a beautiful display of the Northern Lights the other evening. Lighting up the western terminus of the Supe's.

Enjoy yourselves! And stay warm!

Jim
 
Rendezvous Wednesday Update: Went to the camp today. Everything looks ready and should be good to go.

- If able please bring firewood. We might need more than normal. If you do drop it off at Wayne’s Host Camp fire pit or the large Ramada fireplace

- Weather is fluctuating but appears to be giving us a great weekend. I know there have been some forecasts all week showing rain. That appears to have moved past the main event time frame. But no matter we will have fun.

- For those who are traveling please be safe. I know we have folks coming from Louisiana, Illinois, California, Utah and more.

- Any questions reach out and someone will answer them as quickly as possible.

- When pulling into the camp please reduce your speed. We want to keep the dust down to a minimum.

- Last but not least…Please take some photos while attending. We will put up a post for everyone to contribute their pics after the event on Sunday evening.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom