What's new

23rd indian

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep...good week of hunting capped off by this one. Amazed you can still find these "in the wild". Just to think the history of the coin, LOVE finding old ones like this. 20 more bags until I can reasonably expect another now :p! Happy Hunting Everyone!
S20250331_0005.webp
S20250331_0004.webp
 
Upvote 8
That is amazing, and the history of it is something to think about. I probably overthink things but I love imagining the stories. Even simple ones like the railroad police badge I found that was determined to be a toy, I wonder who was there in the middle of nowhere, and why did they carry that with them, and did they drop it or ditch it trying to reduce weight?
 
They are always fun to find. I get 3 - 4 a year. I still remember my first one: a 1901 I got in a roll in January, 1978. I've lost count now on how many I've found in rolls, but it is well over 100.

Scott
 
FANTASTIC findings :)
 
That's pretty good, the oldest penny I have found checking rolls is a 1919 Wheat. I'd love to crack open a roll and see an Indian.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom