25 minutes digging on the Knoll when the rain snuck up on us and chased us out.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Round 4.5 on the Knoll.

Not a great day but, we were able to pull a few pieces of very old, and heavy, aluminum targets along with an old metal screwdriver handle that looks like it slid onto the driver(s).

We also pulled one (1) 1955D Wheat Penny, two (2) Copper Pennies (70s and 80s - couldn't get the exact date), one (1) 1965 Dime (yup, missed it by that much), a very thin piece of wire that was 8" deep, a large piece of thin metal with a slot cut out of it, and other metal pieces including a Round Ball of some sort.

Not a lot of good stuff but, we are learning more about the site and the people that used to live on the land. We are in for another round of rain tomorrow so I'm not too sure how much we will get done. We are going to try to finish up this section of our "grid" (Thank You Professor for your suggestion - the thought to grid it in different directions never crossed our minds) by noon if the rain will hold off that long.

Forgot to put the Wheat Penny in the group photo. :BangHead:

Anyway, here is what we were able to get before the rain chased us away:
What a mix of metal_0001.JPG

Notice how thick the piece of Aluminum Foil (to the left of the Busch Bottle Cap) was "back in the day".

Can anyone identify the Round Ball above the Coins? Oddly enough, it looks like a mixture of Lead, Brass and Stainless Steel - that's about all I can tell about it.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 6
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep at it, goodies will flow soon! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Round ball could be a large fishing weight that's alot of stuff for a short time keep hitting it good coins you got in there bet theres plenty more

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Round ball could be a large fishing weight that's alot of stuff for a short time keep hitting it good coins you got in there bet theres plenty more

My uncle and nephew are helping with the dig (only my uncle was with me during this set of finds) so things are going rather quick. We are still having to take the dirt down in small increments due to there being lots of glass buried in the area.

I was hoping to get back in there today but, as luck has it, it is raining and looks like we are in for three (3) more days of rain so the dig is on hold for now.

Oh, the round ball doesn't look like it has any place to attach a fishing line, albeit, it could have been snapped off but, it's a odd mix of metals for a fishing weight, IMO.

Thanks for looking A2 and your input.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread