What's new

2days 12 Boxes................... .

obediah

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
On way to get the 12 Boxes did little cold calling got 6 %40 from teller trays and one is a 70 "s" too.

Of the 12 4 were Skunks, 3 each had a single %40, one had 28 %40 another had 18 %40's the rest less, oh and found 2 64's and a old looking Ben too. Total 61 %40's and 3 %90's days total finds 10.5 ounces.

Have decided to go ahead & call it quits for while anyway- it is clear to me there is no Silver out there especially in the Summer months, we will be back in the fall if they do not catch me :laughing7: . Oh will continue to hit local Banks for Cold Calls as that is too easy to do but Boxes are3 just too much trouble for such low volume, will wait to push my luck in the fall when rewards are likely to be much higher.

Oh forgot three was a Magicians coin in there too, the first one have gotten both sides of on the inside reverse it says 1967 and ONE PENNY with a sitting on chair holding a 3 pronged pitch fork.
 
Upvote 0
Obe

Hang in there and don't take the entire summer off. Try a week on and week off
because people will continue to cash halves in to live maintain lifestyle.

Your more experienced than I am at this and do a greater number of boxes than I ever have but, I did CRH back in 79 and stopped when the banks quit accepting half dollars to pay my mortgage.

One of the coin shops told me that as the economy get tough people living beyond there means cash hoards of coins to supplement incomes.

Cheers!
 
Hey Obe,
Sometimes a break is good for the spirit. I'll be on "sick leave"
for a while myself. I think you are right....starting in the fall
people will start dumping their collections.
Keep in touch
rileyboy
 
Obe,
Good score on the boxes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Probably a good idea to take the summer off. This fall things will probably pick up. It sure did last year.
This week I'm doing a lot of boxes, maybe next week too, then I'm going to slow way down.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
Obe,
Good score on the boxes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Probably a good idea to take the summer off. This fall things will probably pick up. It sure did last year.
This week I'm doing a lot of boxes, maybe next week too, then I'm going to slow way down.
HH
Rich
Oh yes I remember last year well, it rained Silver on us. I'm really getting the felling even my orders are a nuisance to the tellers and seeing am getting so few most of time figure iti s better to quit- maybe will order every couple weeks & test the water, in fact do have a new Bank was able to talk into ordering for me this Thursday gonna see what their Loomis boxes are like, who knows may up the order next time, but realistically it will be a poor one. I will at least have a new Bank to order from in Sept- that is a good plan groom new opportunitues for the fall!
 
hey obe your totals are way better than mine have been. think you should stick with it a few more weeks before you take a break. if i was getting your totals i would not think of taking a break. anyway if you stuck it out through july and then took august and part of sept. off maybe things would pick up back like they used to be :dontknow: :dontknow:
 
Obediah,
You have been such an "inspiration" to me!!! I love your comments--all of them--and I cherish them all!

I hope you change your mind and will be posting your great finds next week.

apush :read2:
 
silvercop said:
hey obe your totals are way better than mine have been. think you should stick with it a few more weeks before you take a break. if i was getting your totals i would not think of taking a break. anyway if you stuck it out through july and then took august and part of sept. off maybe things would pick up back like they used to be :dontknow: :dontknow:
Last year June & July were my worst months, in fact got my worst skunk run of 12 in row the rest were such low volume; my first sign of turn around came in late August after that it was Katy bar the door the Silver just flooded in.

As said will likely test waters ever couple weeks.
 
Obediah, Yeah , I'm with you , I got toasted on halves about a month and a half ago , I'll
likely take the summer off , (with the exception of road trips ! ) I'll do some dimes as they
are relatively painless , then pick up half searching in Sept. - small volume -1 or two boxes
a week . Enjoy a little down time ! Argentium.
 
hey obe i got 8K ordered for thursday and if the finds don't pick up i am going to reduce my order to 5K for the following weeks until things pick up. i am afraid to stop all together because i am afraid i will lose my arrangement with my dump bank. with all the crazy stuff they have pulled to try and get rid of me i am afraid if i ever stop for a while when i want to start back they will KO my arrangement. i am kind of limited to banks where i am. my dump bank here has 8 branches spread around and they have the only coin counters within a reasonable driving distance for me. i have already had one other bank here in town cut me off from dumping with them. even after i went to great lengths to explain to the bank manager and get her blessings (which she gave) only to cut me off 3 months later. anyway i hope the finds pick up for us all.
 
nice score.....u should quit, maybe just lower ur volume or something, cuz to completely quit is crazy (and impossible) :laughing9:
 
Good, more for me! ;)

I hear you Obe, I am thinking of taking some time off. Just too much going on in the summer to spend so much time dumping coins. I am like Silvercop, hate to stop and lose my arrangment. I have scaled way back and it shows. Have barely found anything this month.
 
phrostie said:
switch denomination. Do dimes or quarters...
Have done Dimes and they are even worse, but will continue to dabble in both Half and Dime customer Rolls and when Sept comes go full bore again with halves. I'm just wearied by the meager finds, yeah did average 5.3 per Box this week but by far the majority of the 64 found, 46 came from 2 of 12 Boxes.
And as usual of late the marked coins were thick.

All of my best finds this year have come from Cold Calls, no Boxes all year have been more than modest, most from skunk to 1 or 2 in them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom