What's new

2nd class ring in a week!

Backbeatkeeper

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
416
Golden Thread
0
Location
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a silver Army class ring in a dirt lot last week. Went for an hour to another lot that produced a gold class ring. Class of 1963, 11.6 grams w/stone. Tested at 10 karat, faded at 14 karat.

image.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 28
Congrats! That's one nice ring. Im waiting for one to pop up. From 6am to 10am every day metal detecting, I'm bound to find something soon. Keep it up!! Hope to see more!
 
Whoa, that's quite the ring, congrats!
 
Congrats on your rings finds and both are beauties and cleaned up great anyway thanks for sahring your pictures and story with us and I wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Very nice looking class ring.
 
THat's a nice size gold!! Love those class rings!! Did this one have a Hallmark? Rare to find one that's not..
 
Congrats! Nice chunky gold class ring!
You're on a roll.
 
Nice gold nugget!
 
Gz on the big gold!!
 
You got class!!!
 
Update on this find. Initials on the inside of the ring, name of the high school and graduate year made it fairly easy for me with a subscription to Classmates.com and some internet sleuthing to find out who this ring belonged to. Unfortunately the original owner died at 30 years old in 1976. However with some more sleuthing, I was able to track down his son. I called his business a couple of times and got a answering machine and hung up. The 3rd time I left a message and was called back within a day by his secretary. After some talking she transferred me to the owners son. I asked if his dad was ___________, including the middle name and he said yes. Told him what I had found and that I wanted to give it to him as he dad had passed. We are both trying to schedule something this month. He stated that he would like to buy me dinner at a restaurant that his Dad's mother introduced him to that is about halfway for both of us. I'm looking forward to hearing some stories, albeit they're not many as the son was 6 years old when his father passed. Needless to say, it's going where it belongs.
 
Very nice gold ring recovery, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Update on this find. Initials on the inside of the ring, name of the high school and graduate year made it fairly easy for me with a subscription to Classmates.com and some internet sleuthing to find out who this ring belonged to. Unfortunately the original owner died at 30 years old in 1976. However with some more sleuthing, I was able to track down his son. I called his business a couple of times and got a answering machine and hung up. The 3rd time I left a message and was called back within a day by his secretary. After some talking she transferred me to the owners son. I asked if his dad was ___________, including the middle name and he said yes. Told him what I had found and that I wanted to give it to him as he dad had passed. We are both trying to schedule something this month. He stated that he would like to buy me dinner at a restaurant that his Dad's mother introduced him to that is about halfway for both of us. I'm looking forward to hearing some stories, albeit they're not many as the son was 6 years old when his father passed. Needless to say, it's going where it belongs.

Make sure you take some pictures of the return of the ring. What you're doing is very worthy of an
"Honorable Mention "
 
Wow...what a cool story! And congrats on the detective work, that is definitely good karma...thx for sharing...ddf
 
Great sleuthing job!
Get some return pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom