2nd Silver Ever! 1854 O Seated Liberty Dime.

A&O

Jun 9, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to metal detecting, and very happy with today's find. Luck plays such a huge role in this hobby when you're aimlessly wondering through the woods. image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPGimage5.JPG

Upvote 31
Very nice and in real good condition. I would be very happy and proud even if it was luck. Congrats to you Mister.

That's fantastic. One of these days I will find a seated coin but for now, I will just add you to the list of people I live vicariously through. Congrats!

Amazing-looking find! Great job.

My favorite place to hunt. The woods were more plentiful back 100 or 150 years ago and all manner of activities enjoyed with many chances of losing a coin or two. congrats on your seated dime.

Welcome to the greatest of sports. Stalking treasure. You "aimlessly" found a good one there mate. She's a true work of art. Well done. I think you have to give yourself a bit more credit though. You selected the location of your hunt based on some research of some kind I reckon. Heck, even a hunch or a hope leads to some great stuff. :icon_thumright:

That is one awesome dime!!! I agree that luck does play a small role in this great hobby of ours, but you wouldn't find anything if you didn't take the time to get out there with the right equipment. In that way " dirt fishing" is an awful lot like regular fishing. Gotta say, I love'm both! Good luck with all your future hunts and keep us updated on your future finds.

Hello A&O. Real nice find and worth a few pesos too. Thanks for the post and Good Luck out there. C9

XF book is $85. took a few months to get my '60, sold it for $16

Congratualtions on the very nice seated dime! :occasion14:

Congrats on the sweet seated

Awesome recovery !

Congratulations on a great find! It's only the beginning though. You live in an excellent state for this hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back