What's new

3/4s of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

joshuaream

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,174
Reaction score
4,547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida & Hong Kong
3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

Here are 3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection (the 4th piece is a large triangle personal find from years ago that I'll have to pop out of a frame one of these days.)

These three were all purchased from the finder in Kentucky.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1739.webp
    IMG_1739.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_1740.webp
    IMG_1740.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0
Re: 3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

allen said:
not sure what they are,
but they are neat looking !
very nice! pendents right?
 
Re: 3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

I'd bet Steve could show us a frame of these, but as I understand it they are bear claw effigies made from Cannel Coal. The Madisonville site produced a lot of them and they are one of the signature artifacts of the Ft. Ancient peoples.

Joshua
 
Re: 3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

Nice thanks for showing us...
 
Re: 3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

Nice Pieces. Big one looks like a bear claw. Other 2 could be canine. Here is a picture of 3 of mine. One on the left is coffin shape. the 2 on the right of the shell pendent remind me of claws. thanks for showing them. Would like the see the rest of your Ft. Ancient collection.... Lets see your Pendents dork!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0244.webp
    DSCN0244.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 305
Re: 3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

Nice cannal coal pendants..
 
Re: 3/4's of my Ft. Ancient collection for Dorkfish

Man, when I first saw that post I thought Joshua was going to give me 3/4's of his Ft Ancient collection. ;D

Nice Cannel Coal Pendants Joshua and Joe. I too believe they are effigies of the Drilled Teeth and Bear Claws that they wore for adornment.

Here's some of mine. I have both the Coffin shaped ones and the Effigy type as well.
 

Attachments

  • Steve Valentine Collection 019.webp
    Steve Valentine Collection 019.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Steve Valentine Collection 020.webp
    Steve Valentine Collection 020.webp
    30 KB · Views: 261

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom