What's new

3/8 Box....steady at 40%

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
Went through all the rolls looking at just the edges. Found 8 40% halves.

So then I sat there and watched the idiot box (TV) while checking the dates on all of them, and found another 40% half, a 1968-D.

Total for the day....9.

Coulda been worse!
8)
 
Upvote 0
I also look at the edges first, but then will look at each coin quickly as I have found quite a few over the years that I missed just by looking at the edge. I separate the 74D's out also, so it is really not any extra effort to look for silver I had missed.
 
I always look at edges to see what is obviously in a roll, but I would have missed a few if I had not also read the dates.
 
Looking at the edges is fine for pulling out the obvious silver, but looking at each date will ensure you don't miss any others; as well as proofs, other "S"'s, 87's and any post '01's.

Not to mention error strikes; for those who look for them.
 
I used to do one roll at a time...first check the edges, then look at each one.
Then I got impatient, and now I check all the edges of all the rolls FIRST for the obvious silver, then I will sit there and check each one individually.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom