What's new

3 Better date finds in one hunt!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
4,731
Reaction score
7,187
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ventured off the island today to an old town near Plymouth, to a place that I have hunted previously- looks like the front yards of several people's homes, but it's actually a public green. In the past, I've found a couple of Seated quarters and several other oldies there, so I thought I would try it again after last night's decent rain.

First good signal was hitting high right on the SE Pro, but jumping back and forth and not extremely deep. Dug the plug not expecting much and flipped out some dirt- the beauty in the first pic was sitting there. I believe you can make out the date on the pic in the hole. Next good signal was an Indian that just looked like an early date- turned out to be an 1872. A little later I added a 2 Indian in the same hole mini-spill (1890 & 1896) and then of course as I was heading back to the car, as we all have done so many times, I got a signal that sang of silver, about 6-7 inches down.

I actually recorded the dig but for some reason, I couldn't upload it to Youtube tonight. It turned out to be a pretty well worn 1884-S Seated dime- only a little over 500K minted

The pics are of the LC in the hole and later I added a little olive oil to it just to see the date claerly. It looks as though I will lose the date and more if I clean it, so that baby will probably stay as is. I also had to wet the 1872 Indian to make out the date, but i think you can see it in the pic.

Turned out to be a very successful day. Enjoy the pics and HH all!

-- Jeff --
 

Attachments

  • Finds101015Plympton 002r.webp
    Finds101015Plympton 002r.webp
    195.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Finds101015Plympton 010cr.webp
    Finds101015Plympton 010cr.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Finds101015Plympton 011cr.webp
    Finds101015Plympton 011cr.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Finds101015Plympton 012r.webp
    Finds101015Plympton 012r.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Finds101015Plympton 014r.webp
    Finds101015Plympton 014r.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 40
Congrats on having a great day! :occasion14: Those are some nice keepers. My oldest coin for the day was a 55-D Wheat penny.
 
Incredible hunt, fresh air and fresh mind=stress relief. Congrats!
 
Nice finds Jeff from another Jeff in Mass!
 
Well done! Now that's what I call a good day! Love the silver!

I got out, not sure what I have besides clad yet, I hope I can post it later.
 
awesome day with a great mix!
 
Fantastic Jeff.
Good to see a seated come out.
 
Congratulations on the nice old copper and seated finds!
 
Nice dime, any a very low production s dime at that.
 
I shoulda mentioned you're killing it this weekend! Where were you, Kingston?
 
Amazing coins in amazing shape! , congrats
 
NICE COINS ...
 
Those are some keepers you dug up there. A hunt like that would have satisfied my silver and old-coin craving. Right on!

Steve
 
I shoulda mentioned you're killing it this weekend! Where were you, Kingston?
You're right- there are a lot of Jeff's here in the forum! I was in Plympton...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom