3-cent piece

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Didn't even know I had it! I found this 9 months ago. It is just a little bigger than the head of a large nail! Super thin. I thought it was some kind of jewelry UNTIL I saw a post for one that is JUST like mine! Don't know much about it yet.....Can't even see a date. Exciting find though.... Note to oneself KEEP "what tha's" until they are identified!

Attachments

• IMG_1690_1.JPG
    IMG_1690_1.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_1691_1.JPG
    IMG_1691_1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 505
Upvote 0
That's an exceptional find - don't see too many of those posted on the boards for some reason.

Congratulations!

HH/Night Stalker

Night Stalker said:
That's an exceptional find - don't see too many of those posted on the boards for some reason.

HH/Night Stalker

I promise to post it..... if I ever FIND ONE!!!! :P
Sorry about the mis-quoted, inserted my post , whatever that was earlier. I saw that everything was in the quote box and changed it asap.
~Nash~

That is an excellent find. That is the first one I have ever seen. Didn't even know it existed.

LeJeuene

Outstanding coin! Great job!!

Thats an awesome coin find! Tsgman

Congrats,

Those are nice to find. Small I mean small coins.

HH Jer

Cool!

Those are very hard to find - I've only found "1" in 22 yrs of detecting - they don't read like most coins -

good job!

HH

its almost like you got to find it twice. ;) neat coin, i have never found one of those.

First minted 1851 and discontinued 1873, silver. Values vary couple of dollars. Not too common and 150 years old thats a keeper. Congrats :o

I found 3 last year... Actually in the past 2 months. Two of them rang up about where an indian head cent rings up at. The other read closer to a nickel / shotgun shell for some odd reason. Maybe because it was about 6" deep and I was hunting about 4" off the ground because of soy bean stubble. They are fun to find, though! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back