3 COLONIAL COPPERS!!!!!! CELLAR HOLE HUNT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
headed out early with frank and roger.everyone did well today which made for a great day!
got my 30th copper on the year! :thumbsup:
one 1722 french denier colonial copper and 2 connecticut coppers dated 1787
at least i think the other one is a CT copper?
a pewter boot too :laughing9:
love it when everyone goes home happy! 7 coppers came out of this site!
4 connecticuts,1 nova constellatio,1 KG II and the 1722 denier.

**in the group photo below from left to right...fastfrank(frank) the rebel(roger) and me(heavymetalnut)**

Attachments

• OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 020 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 020 [].jpg
    86 KB · Views: 860
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 009 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 009 [].jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 858
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 011 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 011 [].jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 851
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 006 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 006 [].jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 859
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 015 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 015 [].jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 855
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 022 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 022 [].jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 851
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 021 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 021 [].jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 858
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 018 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 018 [].jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 853
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 017 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 017 [].jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 846
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 025 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 025 [].jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 853
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 026 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 026 [].jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 845
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 023 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 023 [].jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 845
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats a great hunt HMN. Congrats. :icon_thumleft:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site is sweet. ALOT of CT's being dug lately....It's funny, this forum has patterns of things that are dug.

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hogge said:
Your really taring it up down there this year guy. :notworthy:
thanks dude! just lucky that's all :tongue3:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a great hunt, and love seeing that many Colonials being found and a great variety. I see that the photo of Roger's two CT coppers look to be identical varieties, I wonder when that happens if it means the person who lost them was the first one to receive the coppers either directly from the mint of first customer in a store who received them as change. Just a thought. (With roughly 350 now known varieties it would seem the odds of finding two of the same at one site would not be the easiest thing to do).
The variety of Roger's two CT coppers is 1787 M.21.DD Rarity 5

Don

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Wow, what a great hunt, and love seeing that many Colonials being found and a great variety. I see that the photo of Roger's two CT coppers look to be identical varieties, I wonder when that happens if it means the person who lost them was the first one to receive the coppers either directly from the mint of first customer in a store who received them as change. Just a thought. (With roughly 350 now known varieties it would seem the odds of finding two of the same at one site would not be the easiest thing to do).

Don
thanks Don! i will let him know what he has.any idea on my 2? i know they are not in that great of shape.one is a hair smaller in diameter than the other though

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
Don in SJ said:

Don
thanks Don! i will let him know what he has.any idea on my 2? i know they are not in that great of shape.one is a hair smaller in diameter than the other though

Roger's photos were clearer and more head on,(Also better condition :D) lighting and angle and the fact your two are amongst a group of many varieties that are similar, well,basically need better photographs to more easily attribute. Roger's coins were easier due to the not as commonly used symbols on his and his Obverse sides are only used with one Reverse, so photographs of the reverse side were not needed, but for your two, without a doubt both side photos needed and less angle if possible.

I gave the better of your two a quick look and it looks to be a Miller 44-W.4 variety. Believe that is a Rarity 4.

Don

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

I can't ever remember anybody having the kind of fall season you are having...CONGRATS...keep nailing it!

Relic Rick

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don in SJ said:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
Don in SJ said:

Don

Roger's photos were clearer and more head on,(Also better condition :D) lighting and angle and the fact your two are amongst a group of many varieties that are similar, well,basically need better photographs to more easily attribute. Roger's coins were easier due to the not as commonly used symbols on his and his Obverse sides are only used with one Reverse, so photographs of the reverse side were not needed, but for your two, without a doubt both side photos needed and less angle if possible.

I gave the better of your two a quick look and it looks to be a Miller 44-W.4 variety. Believe that is a Rarity 4.

Don
well i tried Don to take the best pics i could.can't get much better sorry.

Attachments

• OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 031 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 031 [].jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 459
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 030 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 030 [].jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 451
  • OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 029 [].jpg
    OCT 16TH 3 COPPER DAY 029 [].jpg
    52 KB · Views: 459

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt there....makes me want to hit my CT field again

congrats

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You CT fellas hit it big yesterday. Awesome coppers, HMN!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! I love seeing those old state coppers!

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Relic Rick (aka Goalrush) said:
Hey,

I can't ever remember anybody having the kind of fall season you are having...CONGRATS...keep nailing it!

Relic Rick
thanks man! i never thought i'd get close to last years copper total of 32 .
so at 30 i hope to tie it at least.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the Connecticut and the NOVA look GREAT! Congrats on some SUPER Coppers! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Both the Connecticut and the NOVA look GREAT! Congrats on some SUPER Coppers! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
thanks sentinel!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome old coppers! Look under the year of that French 9 Denier's for the mintmark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread