3 days on the coast?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep! Maybe if one of these hurricanes will remove it!

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
O.K. I just started reading the threads under "Shipwrecks", wish I had read them before I asked my question. I now know where I'm headed and how slim the odds are of actually finding a cob. Still should be fun- Maybe I'll just pick a spot at random on one of the treasure beaches and dig a 10 foot crater. ;D

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
chopper said:
I'm going to the southeast coast in October and I only get three days to hunt for a cob.
What locations are most likely to produce?
Is this a trick question? :D I think you had little response because there is no answer. The Treasure Beaches run basically from Fort Pierce to Sebastian Inlet. Chances of finding a cob right now on the SE Florida coast in 3 days is slim to none unless we have a storm. Try the surfline with an Excaliber or Pulse unit at the lowest tide. Forget about the dunes. Too much renourishment and windblown sand buildup. You might be better off in the Florida Keys, a beautiful place to visit.

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
You just never know, some kind soul might just decide to send you a personal e-mail with a
precise location for finding cobs even when no storm is present! ;)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I heard through a reliable source that a gold escudo was found about a foot or so deep at the surfline this past summer. Even though many of us have searched for years with nothing to show, finds are occasionaly still being made. A strong NE or East wind will better your chances.

Oh. I almost forgot. It was the Cabin Wreck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread