What's new

3 for 3

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,915
Reaction score
5,751
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Out for a hunt with Iron Patch yesterday, lots of looking but not too much finding. We ended the day on a new site which seemed to span a couple generations based on the finds that came out. In the failing light of the day I dug my last three targets over by an apple tree at the edge of the field; best of the lot was a very early British Royal Marines officers button! ,a holed 1891 Indian head cent , and a WWll cuff button off an army uniform.
Interestingly the only three buttons I detected were all military, the two mentioned earlier and a crushed RCAF button
Hope everyone has their batteries charged up and a field to pick on!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478559229.353008.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478559248.711885.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478559263.094352.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478559278.868761.webp
 
Upvote 44
Cool and nice relics
 
Great stuff, Iron! Always love digging buttons. Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Very nice relic hunt, congratulations!
 
Nice early Marine button. In 1802 they were titled "Royal Marines" before they they were the "British Marines" . In 1802 the metal trimmings were changed from silver to gilt so your button would predate 1802.
 
Great early Marine button and other finds! :icon_thumright:
 
Nice early Marine button. In 1802 they were titled "Royal Marines" before they they were the "British Marines" . In 1802 the metal trimmings were changed from silver to gilt so your button would predate 1802.

All that information pretty much fits with what I understood about the timeframe of the button, thanks
 
Each one early silver marines since we started... not the most common button to find. Hopefully it's what turns our luck around!
 
Outstanding marines button, even if IP says its "common". Great spread! Good luck to you both at that site
 
Nice pix, nice finds, that's pretty cool they were military buttons. Good luck to you guys and watch out for trucks!
 
Great button.
So the hunt is on.
 
Each one early silver marines since we started... not the most common button to find. Hopefully it's what turns our luck around!

Not a variant I have yet.

Congrats to the OP, any early button that you don't have already is a good day in my books. (I'm assuming its your first?)
 
Each one early silver marines since we started... not the most common button to find. Hopefully it's what turns our luck around!

From what I've been able to gather about the scarcity of these buttons in general, we may never see another....or will we?
Turn a corner, turn a page...anything different than today lol
 
Outstanding marines button, even if IP says its "common". Great spread! Good luck to you both at that site

That's me!
Outstanding ,,, or is out standing in the field
I'm sure we will be back there looking for the mate to that one!
 
Nice pix, nice finds, that's pretty cool they were military buttons. Good luck to you guys and watch out for trucks!

I'm always looking out for buttons and it was cool they were all military also, the fewer trucks I see and the more buttons, the better!
Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom