What's new

Distant ballfields yield clad, 3 Merry Widows and silver from the parking lot

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
12,106
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to a small ballfield I detected years ago. In the past I got lucky and found a minie ball, a large cent and a silver British florin. I was hoping to get lucky again.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 54 coins with a face value of $4.30, a small cap, an earbud end, a broken hat pin, a valve stem cap, a wire connector, a condom wrapper, a battery terminal end, whole aluminum cans, can slaw, aluminum bottle caps, 39 tabs and 3 pencil ends.

DSCN4021.webp


The condom wrapper is a variety of the Three Merry Widows brand. They were popular in the 1920s and 1930s. This one is one of the later ones and does not have the names of the widows.

DSCN4022.webp


DAY 2
I went back to the yard I started last week with the members of the LEGO robotics team to see if I could find any silver. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and managed to finish the yard. I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.24, 2 pieces of harmonica reed, 2 wheaties (1930, 1938), a heart pendant, a dog ID tag, a belt buckle, a stainless spoon, a toe tap, 2 keys, a compact lid, a horseshoe, a chisel, cartridges, aluminum bottle caps, a horseshoe puzzle, foil and whole aluminum cans and a pile of slaw.

DSCN4024.webp


The chisel and the horseshoe are interesting. The big iron can be hard to avoid when it is close to the surface. Removing biggies sometimes makes it easier to find other things masked by the larger iron items.

IMG_0052.webp


The dog ID tag is an RIVAL DOG FOOD tag. It is for a home about 5 blocks away from this house. They were produced in the 1930s and 1940s.

DSCN4026.webp


The puzzle is called HORSEPLAY and has LUCKY on it. The goal is to remove the ring from between the horseshoes. I found the solution on line. The owner wants it so it is his.

DSCN4029.webp


The toe tap is very well worn and brittle. Probably a lot older than the 1920 date of the house construction.

DSCN4028.webp


DAY 3
I went back to the distant set of ballfields where I found the 1790 reale several weeks ago. I worked a section between the 2 fields and was going to work more on the fields, but 3 people came and started mowing on both the ball fields so I had to stay on the section I started on.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $6.42, a toy car door, a valve stem cap, an E, a crushed jeep, a vaping device, several whole aluminum cans, can slaw, foil and 43 tabs. A decent clad day, but not what I was hoping for.

DSCN4031.webp


NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a quarter, a nickel and 7 pennies walking around and got 2 dimes, 2 pennies and 4 nickels from the coinstar. I stopped to buy a chai latte at Starbucks and found a beat up earring in the parking lot. It ends up being my only silver this week.

DSCN4032.webp
DSCN4033.webp


I found a few more little friends. Another cute little red eft in the flower bed.

IMG_0047.webp


A robin made her nest on my bedroom windowsill. She laid 4 eggs. I have kept the shade down so we don’t disturb her. I peeked and the eggs have hatched and here they are.

IMG_0049.webp
IMG_0058.webp


The rain cut my week short. This has been a real wet spring and cold to boot. Maybe next week will be better. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN4030.webp
    DSCN4030.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Upvote 17
That's a fun week in my book, even with"only"one silver earring. Love the eft and the robins too.
 
Very nice finds - congrats !

I've found a couple of those Rival Dog Food ID Tags.
They cleaned up pretty nice - put them in my Relic Binder.
From what I read you could mail in for them in the 1940's - 50's era.
 
DAY 1
I went to a small ballfield I detected years ago. In the past I got lucky and found a minie ball, a large cent and a silver British florin. I was hoping to get lucky again.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 54 coins with a face value of $4.30, a small cap, an earbud end, a broken hat pin, a valve stem cap, a wire connector, a condom wrapper, a battery terminal end, whole aluminum cans, can slaw, aluminum bottle caps, 39 tabs and 3 pencil ends.

View attachment 2213094

The condom wrapper is a variety of the Three Merry Widows brand. They were popular in the 1920s and 1930s. This one is one of the later ones and does not have the names of the widows.

View attachment 2213095

DAY 2
I went back to the yard I started last week with the members of the LEGO robotics team to see if I could find any silver. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and managed to finish the yard. I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.24, 2 pieces of harmonica reed, 2 wheaties (1930, 1938), a heart pendant, a dog ID tag, a belt buckle, a stainless spoon, a toe tap, 2 keys, a compact lid, a horseshoe, a chisel, cartridges, aluminum bottle caps, a horseshoe puzzle, foil and whole aluminum cans and a pile of slaw.

View attachment 2213097

The chisel and the horseshoe are interesting. The big iron can be hard to avoid when it is close to the surface. Removing biggies sometimes makes it easier to find other things masked by the larger iron items.

View attachment 2213096

The dog ID tag is an RIVAL DOG FOOD tag. It is for a home about 5 blocks away from this house. They were produced in the 1930s and 1940s.

View attachment 2213098

The puzzle is called HORSEPLAY and has LUCKY on it. The goal is to remove the ring from between the horseshoes. I found the solution on line. The owner wants it so it is his.

View attachment 2213093

The toe tap is very well worn and brittle. Probably a lot older than the 1920 date of the house construction.

View attachment 2213099

DAY 3
I went back to the distant set of ballfields where I found the 1790 reale several weeks ago. I worked a section between the 2 fields and was going to work more on the fields, but 3 people came and started mowing on both the ball fields so I had to stay on the section I started on.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $6.42, a toy car door, a valve stem cap, an E, a crushed jeep, a vaping device, several whole aluminum cans, can slaw, foil and 43 tabs. A decent clad day, but not what I was hoping for.

View attachment 2213101

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a quarter, a nickel and 7 pennies walking around and got 2 dimes, 2 pennies and 4 nickels from the coinstar. I stopped to buy a chai latte at Starbucks and found a beat up earring in the parking lot. It ends up being my only silver this week.

View attachment 2213102View attachment 2213103

I found a few more little friends. Another cute little red eft in the flower bed.

View attachment 2213104

A robin made her nest on my bedroom windowsill. She laid 4 eggs. I have kept the shade down so we don’t disturb her. I peeked and the eggs have hatched and here they are.

View attachment 2213105View attachment 2213106

The rain cut my week short. This has been a real wet spring and cold to boot. Maybe next week will be better. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
In your post description, you said you were hoping to get lucky again, apparently so did the person who dropped the 3 Merry Widows container ! Nice finds.
 
DAY 1
I went to a small ballfield I detected years ago. In the past I got lucky and found a minie ball, a large cent and a silver British florin. I was hoping to get lucky again.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 54 coins with a face value of $4.30, a small cap, an earbud end, a broken hat pin, a valve stem cap, a wire connector, a condom wrapper, a battery terminal end, whole aluminum cans, can slaw, aluminum bottle caps, 39 tabs and 3 pencil ends.

View attachment 2213094

The condom wrapper is a variety of the Three Merry Widows brand. They were popular in the 1920s and 1930s. This one is one of the later ones and does not have the names of the widows.

View attachment 2213095

DAY 2
I went back to the yard I started last week with the members of the LEGO robotics team to see if I could find any silver. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and managed to finish the yard. I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.24, 2 pieces of harmonica reed, 2 wheaties (1930, 1938), a heart pendant, a dog ID tag, a belt buckle, a stainless spoon, a toe tap, 2 keys, a compact lid, a horseshoe, a chisel, cartridges, aluminum bottle caps, a horseshoe puzzle, foil and whole aluminum cans and a pile of slaw.

View attachment 2213097

The chisel and the horseshoe are interesting. The big iron can be hard to avoid when it is close to the surface. Removing biggies sometimes makes it easier to find other things masked by the larger iron items.

View attachment 2213096

The dog ID tag is an RIVAL DOG FOOD tag. It is for a home about 5 blocks away from this house. They were produced in the 1930s and 1940s.

View attachment 2213098

The puzzle is called HORSEPLAY and has LUCKY on it. The goal is to remove the ring from between the horseshoes. I found the solution on line. The owner wants it so it is his.

View attachment 2213093

The toe tap is very well worn and brittle. Probably a lot older than the 1920 date of the house construction.

View attachment 2213099

DAY 3
I went back to the distant set of ballfields where I found the 1790 reale several weeks ago. I worked a section between the 2 fields and was going to work more on the fields, but 3 people came and started mowing on both the ball fields so I had to stay on the section I started on.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $6.42, a toy car door, a valve stem cap, an E, a crushed jeep, a vaping device, several whole aluminum cans, can slaw, foil and 43 tabs. A decent clad day, but not what I was hoping for.

View attachment 2213101

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a quarter, a nickel and 7 pennies walking around and got 2 dimes, 2 pennies and 4 nickels from the coinstar. I stopped to buy a chai latte at Starbucks and found a beat up earring in the parking lot. It ends up being my only silver this week.

View attachment 2213102View attachment 2213103

I found a few more little friends. Another cute little red eft in the flower bed.

View attachment 2213104

A robin made her nest on my bedroom windowsill. She laid 4 eggs. I have kept the shade down so we don’t disturb her. I peeked and the eggs have hatched and here they are.

View attachment 2213105View attachment 2213106

The rain cut my week short. This has been a real wet spring and cold to boot. Maybe next week will be better. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
TNT - hunter
DAY 1
I went to a small ballfield I detected years ago. In the past I got lucky and found a minie ball, a large cent and a silver British florin. I was hoping to get lucky again.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 54 coins with a face value of $4.30, a small cap, an earbud end, a broken hat pin, a valve stem cap, a wire connector, a condom wrapper, a battery terminal end, whole aluminum cans, can slaw, aluminum bottle caps, 39 tabs and 3 pencil ends.

View attachment 2213094

The condom wrapper is a variety of the Three Merry Widows brand. They were popular in the 1920s and 1930s. This one is one of the later ones and does not have the names of the widows.

View attachment 2213095

DAY 2
I went back to the yard I started last week with the members of the LEGO robotics team to see if I could find any silver. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and managed to finish the yard. I found 32 coins with a face value of $1.24, 2 pieces of harmonica reed, 2 wheaties (1930, 1938), a heart pendant, a dog ID tag, a belt buckle, a stainless spoon, a toe tap, 2 keys, a compact lid, a horseshoe, a chisel, cartridges, aluminum bottle caps, a horseshoe puzzle, foil and whole aluminum cans and a pile of slaw.

View attachment 2213097

The chisel and the horseshoe are interesting. The big iron can be hard to avoid when it is close to the surface. Removing biggies sometimes makes it easier to find other things masked by the larger iron items.

View attachment 2213096

The dog ID tag is an RIVAL DOG FOOD tag. It is for a home about 5 blocks away from this house. They were produced in the 1930s and 1940s.

View attachment 2213098

The puzzle is called HORSEPLAY and has LUCKY on it. The goal is to remove the ring from between the horseshoes. I found the solution on line. The owner wants it so it is his.

View attachment 2213093

The toe tap is very well worn and brittle. Probably a lot older than the 1920 date of the house construction.

View attachment 2213099

DAY 3
I went back to the distant set of ballfields where I found the 1790 reale several weeks ago. I worked a section between the 2 fields and was going to work more on the fields, but 3 people came and started mowing on both the ball fields so I had to stay on the section I started on.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $6.42, a toy car door, a valve stem cap, an E, a crushed jeep, a vaping device, several whole aluminum cans, can slaw, foil and 43 tabs. A decent clad day, but not what I was hoping for.

View attachment 2213101

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a quarter, a nickel and 7 pennies walking around and got 2 dimes, 2 pennies and 4 nickels from the coinstar. I stopped to buy a chai latte at Starbucks and found a beat up earring in the parking lot. It ends up being my only silver this week.

View attachment 2213102View attachment 2213103

I found a few more little friends. Another cute little red eft in the flower bed.

View attachment 2213104

A robin made her nest on my bedroom windowsill. She laid 4 eggs. I have kept the shade down so we don’t disturb her. I peeked and the eggs have hatched and here they are.

View attachment 2213105View attachment 2213106

The rain cut my week short. This has been a real wet spring and cold to boot. Maybe next week will be better. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
tnt-hunter amazing finds, how history repeats itself, I just found the same two items, the toe tap and 3 Merry Widows you found, you saw and liked my post thank you, amazing coincidence - I didn’t post the toe tap yet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom