What's new

3 hour x-mas hunt turned into 5 hour ER visit

Soup

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2011
Messages
79
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Okinawa, Japan
So low tide was at 1am this morning on Xmas day. Nate and everyone I know I would normally go out with are all gone, so I decided to hit a place I looked at once in downtown Naha near the Air Port. The wind was really blowing the waves in and trash was floating everywhere, the first 2 & 1/2 hours went great yen was everywhere and I found a lot of rings. Around my 3 hour mark I felt something bite my leg right above my water boot. I did not think too much about it and just thought it was time to leave. I got out of the water and went into the bathroom to wash up and noticed my leg was bleeding and 2 marks on my leg that looked like a snake bite. I drove to the ER and explained what happened. 5 hours later was released with no symptoms of anything. I still do not have any pain but I looked at my boot and I can see where the other part of what ever it was mouth had chomped down on me. The doc did not know what it was, I have been bitten by a snake before and it sure felt like it. What ever it was I was lucky to be wearing my boots instead of my normal sandals. I think I will go there again tonight haha. Well thanks for stopping in and Happy Holidays to everyone. Hope you find the good stuff soon.

Yen 6,044 ($77)
9 Silver items at 61g
1 Chinese coin?

On a side note, I decided to start cleaning my silver because I like to look at the history of what the ring is etc. So I followed some Electrolysis advice. It works great for the silver rings and such.

Rob
 

Attachments

  • X-Mas 001.webp
    X-Mas 001.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,459
  • X-Mas 002.webp
    X-Mas 002.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,413
  • X-Mas 003.webp
    X-Mas 003.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,424
Upvote 0
Hey Guys,

since I just bought a house up in the north end of Okinawa, I have only been out hunting a few times with nothing really interesting to show.

However.... I know well the beach that soup is talking about. I used to hunt there about once a week during the busy season, both day and night. First time I hunted there was a miracle hunt. Over 20,000 yen ($280) and 25 pieces of silver. Also found some gold and platinum there in other hunts.

As it turns out, I have been bitten on this beach several times. The first time was during the day and I was able to see my attacker. A trigger fish. They have teeth, are territorial and often highly aggressive. The guy who bit me kept swimming right at me and then veering off just before colliding into me. When he got tired of that he came up behind me and bit me just above the ankle. It surprised me more than it hurt. I let out some language that scared some of the tourists, and when they saw the blood coming out of my leg all of them cleared out of the water.

I have been bitten on this beach two more times. These were at night, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same fish. If Rob got bit at the south end of the beach, then I would bet that it was.

triggerfish.jpg
 
You might be right there because that is about what happened. You going to start coming out again soon?
 
ah in the water -- tigger fish -- mean lil suckers --like salt water piranha * if there are in the area , you do not want to be in the water with em --dangerous lil buggers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom