3" Indian head pennies??

aboss

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
Re: 3" Indian head pennies??

Well--someone thinks they are worth some cash! I have seen drink coasters made to look like coins with close to those dimensions, but I don't think that is what these are. Hope you find out and post answer. HH, Alex

Upvote 0

SmokeEater

Greenie
Oct 25, 2005
Papillion, Nebraska

The items in the auction are NOT genuine coins, they are souvenir shop items made to look like coins. They usually are copies of the "key" dates. This buyer is in for a BIG disappointment when they receive them. I hope they did not expect them to be real coins. I noticed the price paid for them was $126.99 That means they paid about $126 too much for them. I hope there is a money back guarantee on them, for the buyers sake. SmokeEater

Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

I dug a larger one once, it too was an 1877. I believe it was a paper weight, if i had kept it and took a photo and not shown scale you would of all been posting great find. Without scale it will pass as the real thing.

Upvote 0

PSI357

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2005

I got one of those for Christmas a few years back. I also got a liberty nickel. Guess I should put them outside for a while then sell them on e-bay. I should be able to get 5X's that price for the nickel!! ;D
Seriously, they still sell them in gift shops around here. I see them all the time.

Upvote 0

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Not only did someone pay $126 for them but the auction had 31 bidders. The description clearly said 3" in diameter. I guess for the true idiots out there a real indian head penny should have been used for scale. Hmmm. I wonder if I can sell some of my large Herkimer(just quartz) diamonds at this auction.

George

Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

bakergeol said:
Not only did someone pay $126 for them but the auction had 31 bidders. The description clearly said 3" in diameter. I guess for the true idiots out there a real indian head penny should have been used for scale. Hmmm. I wonder if I can sell some of my large Herkimer(just quartz) diamonds at this auction.

George
Reminds me of when my exsister in law got mad at her husband, she went to pawn her wedding ring that her husband paid so much for. The pawn shop offered her $8 bucks for it. ;)

Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LOL ;D

Upvote 0

Magnumto

Greenie
Nov 28, 2005
Zapata, Texas

Speaking of being offered low prices for stuff at pawn shops, when I was a starving college student back in the early 1980's, I took my White's Goldmaster (paid $300+ new in 1977 or so) down to a pawn shop and was offered $15 for it. I'm glad to say I wasn't that desparate. I later made $4,000 - $5,000 leasing it to the company I worked for at $65/site, often 2 sites/day. Used that money to buy a White's DFX.

Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

What made her so mad about being only offered a couple of bucks, was the amount her husband said he paid for it. It was another of those OOPS caught in another lie monents! ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread