What's new

3 nice buttons found in one hole!

Ironman!

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
382
Reaction score
310
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out finally the end of Sept. after taking pretty much the whole month off from detecting. It felt great getting back into my element!

These were my rewards my very first signal after walking up to a little knoll, ground balancing my machine and then taking a couple of steps. 2 civilian buttons, each having the backmark of "WADHAMS . COE & Co. / EXTRA RICH" These guys were producers of military buttons and only in business from 1835-1837 as Coe left the company in 1838. The Infantry overcoat button dates from 1860-1880 but have been told that it is of the CW era. The backmark on that button says "D. EVANS & CO. / ATTLEBORO MASS"

Thanks for looking!
IM
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0074-001.webp
    IMG_0074-001.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0075-001.webp
    IMG_0075-001.webp
    54 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 14
Nice buttons! Your soil is very kind to buttons as they cleaned up quite nice.

VPR
 
Good finds, or the 'kiss of death' as Dad & I say.
 
Boy, those are really beautiful and in great shape!
 
Perfect buttons, they laid undisturbed for all these years. No contact from plows, wagon wheels, horse hoofs or anything else ever touched these buttons from the day they were lost. They are perfect except for one slightly bent shank!
 
Nice buttons. Congrats
 
Congrats on your button Find they are in awsome shape ironman what kind of soil do you have there very well preserved in the dirt for over 100 years...did you find anything else in the area.. HH
 
Not the kind of gold you'd really like to see, but great finds none-the-less. Perfect examples of mid-19th century buttons.
 
Really neat finds, Those two civilians look like they came off the same jacket, And that "Eagle I" looks awesome................HH
 
Beautiful buttons, I would hit the knoll top again!
 
Those are beauties! Looks like the same soil at that gulley you have been searching... That's a great spot!
 
Nice Buttons! WTG!
 
Great Buttons! And In One Hole! Awesome! :icon_thumright:
 
Howdy. I know this post is about 4 years old, but this is the only place I have seen online where someone found the same button I did. Just found this the other day in the soil dug out from a basement of a 1766 house. I was just wondering where you were when you found them if you don't mind me asking! I found mine in Ulster County, NY. Thanks!IMG_0458 (800x600).webpIMG_0461 (800x600).webp
 
These are really beautiful buttons! Congrats!

aj
 
Baahaaha. Three buttons in one hole made me laugh. Great work!
 
Sweet buttons !! Congratulations !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom