What's new

3 out of 6 Boxes--Final Update

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning :icon_sunny:
Final Update Totals (6 boxes):
1 Walker (1941)
3 Franklins (1948-D, 1954-D, 1962)
27-1964s
27-40%s
1 clad Comm. Coin

Last box only produced one 40% and was filled with mostly coins 2000 and newer.
This is my first "dream week." :D
Thanks to all for the helpful hints!
apush :read2:




Good Day Everyone,
Yesterday I was working on finalizing our attendance for the year to send to TEA (Texas Education Agency). Obediah--you had asked what my "tag" was in my pic. It is just my school I.D. badge. I work for a high school.

Our Attendance Officer and I (enaged heavily in going thru boring paperwork) started discussing hobbies. She collects childrens books and I told her I collected coins. She told me her soon-to-be son in law just went to the bank and deposited over $1500.00 of old coins, many of which were large silver dollars. I almost fell over--told her if he had any left to come see me.
That certainly put things in perspective for me; that is, now I know why silver comes and goes.

I pick up my three boxes on the way home from work (other 3 this weekend). My good luck charm, Mr. Apush, has been out of town on business this week.
I open my first box and found my own marked coin. :icon_scratch:. I think this is going to be a tough evening. Finished box with nada.

Then, I opened boxes 2 & 3 and was very happy.
Totals:
1-1941 Walker
1-1962 Ben
1-1986 Comm Coin (A Nation of Immigrants)--clad
9-1965-1969
24-1964s!!!

So my new "Riley" mascot brought me some good luck!!! I am still trying to find time to learn how to upload pics this summer. Thanks to my new companions on the Net that have been very helpful and encouraging! Time to go get ready for work.
Happy Silver Hunting,
apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Sounds like you are starting off good.

On the uploading Pics just remember to shrink them to about %25 . Whatever program you use to view them find the "EDIT" button and then look for "stretch and skew" , that should be enough info for you to figure it out, just remember when you close each picture window to click "save."
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Apush

You summer adventure begins on a positive note.
Keep up the silver recovery.
Cheers!
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Great score there apush. 26 - 90% is a nice little pile of AG. Hope your other boxes produce as much or more.

AG
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

awesome box Doesn't it blow your mind when you hear of someone a "collector" just dumping silver at a bank. Got to love them. Maybe some of that will come to you in your next boxes.
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Apush, Oh yeah ! Way to go - thats a bunch of silver , and how nice to see the walker, and
the Ben . -- Great start - keep it up ! Argentium.
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Nice start and i bet those silver dollars never made it past the tellers.
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

What a score ! Lots of 90%. Can't wait to read what is in those next three boxes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Way to go, Apush! Told ya you were gonna hit!
Congrats on those 90%ers.
rileyboy
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Did you inform your Attendance Officer that she was about to get a moron for a son-in-law?? jk......well, sorta jk. ;D
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Nice cull of silver. Good luck on the others. You need to get yourself to that bank and see if there are any rolls still there and buy all you can. I'm sure the large dollars are already taken by the tellers, but there might be some dream rolls of dimes. Go get 'em!
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Congrats on the silver score and she is of and running happy hunting . RON
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Glad I am not the only one receiving your marked coins. I look forward to getting more of your "markers" next week. Have fun, Jim
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

i have 3 things to say.
1. very nice score!!! hope the other boxes are as good.
2. GO TO THE BANK THAT HE DEPOSITED THEM & BUY ALL U CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. just out of curiosity, how do u mark ur coins.......i get loads of marked coins, and was just wondering if i have ever gotten yours. (red X, black/red dot in jfk's ear, black dot on "fg" on reverse????????)
thanks, CHAINCHOMP
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

She's very secretive with her marks. They say APUSH on them. Kind of a dead giveaway. She and I live 150 miles from each other but I keep finding her marks. Cheers. Jim
It's like having a pen pal with coins.
 
Re: 3 out of 6 Boxes

Nice finds, and I hope you can get some of those coins! :icon_thumleft:
 
Over 15 oz. in silver recovered in those six boxes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. That's a great haul. High volume is the way to go with boxes. You may have hit a silver vein there.
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom