Well 2.5 really...
The first road started off great. At the 3rd bank I stopped at, they had 11 rolls of half dollars that look like they had been sitting in a dark corner for 30 years. The wrappers were all brittle and discolored, so naturally I was excited. Every single roll ended up having silver in them, and a couple rolls were nearly half silver. Ended up with 58 40%ers
The rest of the trip went OK, with a few 40% here and there, with a grand total of 70 40%ers at the end of the day.
With that success, I decided to take another road trip towards the other direction... bad decision. This place turned out to be a barren wasteland for half dollars. Visited over 50 banks in about 10 towns, and totaled maybe 50 dollars in loose clad halves. On my very last stop, literally 5 minutes before the bank closed, I got 8 customer rolls, which gave up 1 40%er, the only silver coin all day. Felt good to at least not get completely skunked.
Today I wasn't supposed to stop at any banks, but ended up having to go to one during lunch break anyway. Good thing too, I scored 4 40%ers there. Decided to hit a few more banks before lunch was over and got 2 more 40%ers and a 90% Ben.
7 times better than the ill-fated 2nd road trip, and took less than an hour too 
Good luck and HH!
The first road started off great. At the 3rd bank I stopped at, they had 11 rolls of half dollars that look like they had been sitting in a dark corner for 30 years. The wrappers were all brittle and discolored, so naturally I was excited. Every single roll ended up having silver in them, and a couple rolls were nearly half silver. Ended up with 58 40%ers
The rest of the trip went OK, with a few 40% here and there, with a grand total of 70 40%ers at the end of the day.With that success, I decided to take another road trip towards the other direction... bad decision. This place turned out to be a barren wasteland for half dollars. Visited over 50 banks in about 10 towns, and totaled maybe 50 dollars in loose clad halves. On my very last stop, literally 5 minutes before the bank closed, I got 8 customer rolls, which gave up 1 40%er, the only silver coin all day. Felt good to at least not get completely skunked.
Today I wasn't supposed to stop at any banks, but ended up having to go to one during lunch break anyway. Good thing too, I scored 4 40%ers there. Decided to hit a few more banks before lunch was over and got 2 more 40%ers and a 90% Ben.

Good luck and HH!
Upvote
0












