3 Seated

digger dick

May 23, 2013
mahawh, nj
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
MineLab Etrac
First attempt at this

So, years ago, our friend Ernie took me to a New Jersey Park where once stood a horse race track. I found my first Flying Eagle One Cent there almost 20 years ago. It was on that Hill where spectators sat and watched the horse races in the mid 19th century. People had already detected this park for 20 years back then! That is 40 years it has been detected, better detectors, soil erosion: an old park IS NEVER HUNTED OUT!

I went back in February 2022 and Bang 1863 fatty IHP! I went back the beginning of March, Bang 1883 IHP. I was using my 15" coil, trying to get max depth among the pull tabs and screw caps (a screwy decision) but, still managed to recover treasure! The 11” coil on the 800 has better separation so, I couldn't wait to change the coil and go back. I did! There HAD to be more targets. I remember texting my friend, Tony, “ there HAS to be seated there”
The conditions were perfect. The targets were unmistakable. The results were phenomenal: and yeah, I texted pics as I was finding targets! Lol thanks and enjoy 😉

1853 w/arrows Seated dime
1840 Half Dime - Bucket list
1875 Seated dime VF
1893 IHP
Silver Locket
Early Wheaties

Go slow, check weather and ground conditions and have a positive attitude!

Beep beep!

Attachments

• B5B94980-96C4-436B-9E3F-AD0F06C10473.jpeg
    B5B94980-96C4-436B-9E3F-AD0F06C10473.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 225
Upvote 30

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First attempt at this

So, years ago, our friend Ernie took me to a New Jersey Park where once stood a horse race track. I found my first Flying Eagle One Cent there almost 20 years ago. It was on that Hill where spectators sat and watched the horse races in the mid 19th century. People had already detected this park for 20 years back then! That is 40 years it has been detected, better detectors, soil erosion: an old park IS NEVER HUNTED OUT!

I went back in February 2022 and Bang 1863 fatty IHP! I went back the beginning of March, Bang 1883 IHP. I was using my 15" coil, trying to get max depth among the pull tabs and screw caps (a screwy decision) but, still managed to recover treasure! The 11” coil on the 800 has better separation so, I couldn't wait to change the coil and go back. I did! There HAD to be more targets. I remember texting my friend, Tony, “ there HAS to be seated there”
The conditions were perfect. The targets were unmistakable. The results were phenomenal: and yeah, I texted pics as I was finding targets! Lol thanks and enjoy 😉

1875 Seated dime VF
1893 IHP
Silver Locket
Early Wheaties

Beep beep!
Super Hunt!!! Congrats!!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First attempt at this

1875 Seated dime VF
1893 IHP
Silver Locket
Early Wheaties

Beep beep!
wow, welcome aboard and serious nice haul! well done

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds Congratulations

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum Dick
You had a really good hunt, one to remember for sure.
Sometimes everything seems aligned for that special day of great recoveries.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Excellent!
Grats on the keepers and thanks for the share.
Bet there's more there...

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! horse tracks in the us are GREAT places to find seated

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work, low and slow works like you said! Took me a while to figure that out.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, low and slow works like you said! Took me a while to figure that out.
Agreed, under the OP's circumstances that is the right approach under other circumstances it may not be if you want the best productivity.
Low and fast works best for me. You miss stuff but you grid a far bigger area & therefore reap the rewards. This is best used on cultivated fields, with small time windows & where depth is less important. Therefore adaptability is the best tool.

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First attempt at this

1875 Seated dime VF
1893 IHP
Silver Locket
Early Wheaties

Beep beep!
Congrats! The 1875 Seated is extremely Crisp. I like to seeing them like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread