What's new

3 Silver Mardi Gras Rounds in 1 hunt! .999 FS!

Tom Bigbee

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
354
Reaction score
136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 dated 1968 and 1 dated 1971... Silver Worm & I were searching a local park today and I see what looks like an aluminum Mardi Gras token on top of the ground. I pick it up and immediately notice how heavy it is. I don't see a silver mark on it so I keep swinging. Couple feet away I dig up another one buried under the leaves. I call Silver Worm over and I end up finding one more and Silver Worm finds one.( I also find 2 aluminum tokens identical to 2 of my silver ones in the same area.) Then we see the silver marks on the edge of the coins! 4 ounces of silver in one hunt to end the year for us. We will never know how these ended up where they did but they were all in a 15 X 10 foot area. I take all my pics outside and didn't have time to take pics of them after cleaning but they look great! If anyone wants to see them cleaned up I will post them tomorrow after work. We were just commenting the other day about the crappy year we have had. Happy New Year everyone!
 

Attachments

  • silver rounds 001.webp
    silver rounds 001.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 125
  • silver rounds 002.webp
    silver rounds 002.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 127
  • silver rounds 003.webp
    silver rounds 003.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 129
  • silver rounds 004.webp
    silver rounds 004.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 137
  • silver rounds 005.webp
    silver rounds 005.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 14
Easy pick'ens on the silvers. WTG!
 
Nice finds. Good job.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom