What's new

No Silver, But the Woods Paid Off

JustOneMorePlug

Full Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
177
Reaction score
937
Golden Thread
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Decided to check out a new area today. I spent most of the day working a corner lot where a few old houses had been torn down, hoping to find some silver.

I ended up finding $1.28 in clad, a couple of Matchbox cars, some mardi gras tokens, and a car badge. Two of the pennies were a 1945 and a 1953 Wheatie. I also found a 1973 half and a Bicentennial quarter. Although not super valuable. They are a first for me so that was cool.

With a few hours left, I decided to move over to a wooded area looking for homesteads from an old map. I ended up getting into a decent iron patch and managed to pull a few relics out of it.

i ended up finding a National Biscuit Company drawer pull, a harmonica, and an old suspender clip with some writing on it. The only part I can make out so far is “March 7, 1871.”

Not a bad day overall, started out chasing silver and ended up finding a few neat relics instead. Can't wait to go back. Thanks for looking!

20260511_000215.webp
20260510_233504.webp
20260510_235856.webp
20260510_235743.webp
20260510_230006.webp
20260510_224549.webp
20260511_000305.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 22
... and an old suspender clip with some writing on it. The only part I can make out so far is “March 7, 1871.”

View attachment 2253269

It says "S. & G. M. CO." which was the Smith & Griggs Manufacturing Company of Waterbury, Connecticut. John E. Smith filed the patent on behalf of the company.

Smith 1.webp

Smith 2.webp
 
Decided to check out a new area today. I spent most of the day working a corner lot where a few old houses had been torn down, hoping to find some silver.

I ended up finding $1.28 in clad, a couple of Matchbox cars, some mardi gras tokens, and a car badge. Two of the pennies were a 1945 and a 1953 Wheatie. I also found a 1973 half and a Bicentennial quarter. Although not super valuable. They are a first for me so that was cool.

With a few hours left, I decided to move over to a wooded area looking for homesteads from an old map. I ended up getting into a decent iron patch and managed to pull a few relics out of it.

i ended up finding a National Biscuit Company drawer pull, a harmonica, and an old suspender clip with some writing on it. The only part I can make out so far is “March 7, 1871.”

Not a bad day overall, started out chasing silver and ended up finding a few neat relics instead. Can't wait to go back. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 2253266View attachment 2253267View attachment 2253269View attachment 2253276View attachment 2253277View attachment 2253278View attachment 2253279
You did outstanding :) Thank you for sharing with us
 
Decided to check out a new area today. I spent most of the day working a corner lot where a few old houses had been torn down, hoping to find some silver.

I ended up finding $1.28 in clad, a couple of Matchbox cars, some mardi gras tokens, and a car badge. Two of the pennies were a 1945 and a 1953 Wheatie. I also found a 1973 half and a Bicentennial quarter. Although not super valuable. They are a first for me so that was cool.

With a few hours left, I decided to move over to a wooded area looking for homesteads from an old map. I ended up getting into a decent iron patch and managed to pull a few relics out of it.

i ended up finding a National Biscuit Company drawer pull, a harmonica, and an old suspender clip with some writing on it. The only part I can make out so far is “March 7, 1871.”

Not a bad day overall, started out chasing silver and ended up finding a few neat relics instead. Can't wait to go back. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 2253266View attachment 2253267View attachment 2253269View attachment 2253276View attachment 2253277View attachment 2253278View attachment 2253279
Cool collection of finds!
 
On the first picture the round object on the bottom of that picture next to the 2 gold coins is a current electrical lock nut used in secureing electricak conduit fittings to a junction box. I used them for over 40 years !
 
On the first picture the round object on the bottom of that picture next to the 2 gold coins is a current electrical lock nut used in secureing electricak conduit fittings to a junction box. I used them for over 40 years !
Thanks for the info!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom