What's new

3 Silvers, IHC, Toasted Colonial Copper, and a Bushel of Wheats

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today and stopped by the local State Park and got this years permission slip for detecting. :thumbsup: I then went out cold knocking. One no-one's home, :BangHead: One no-one wanted to answer the door :BangHead:, so I headed back to an older permission. I did pull another shell token and 3 wheats.

I then decided to drive around to see if I could find someone outside and get another permission. It took 45 minutes of driving around town, but I found a sweet lady who gave me permission to detect her century home. My third target was a 42-S Merc, :hello2: it was the only silver dug today, but I did pull 16 more wheats (one is a rusty steel penny from a 3 coin wheat spill). It is my second corroded steel penny I dug this year. I only gridded about 25% of the property so far.

Over the weekend I was on Staten Island NY and hunted with Eastcoasthunter21 and Scrappy on Saturday. I only dug some clad and a 1960 Rosie during the that hunt. Charlie (Eastcoasthunter21) put me up for the night so I could hunt with him on Sunday. We started out at a ravine in a wooded area Sunday morning. Charlie's 1st target was an 18k jeweled pin. :headbang: My first target was a copper lincoln. :dontknow: I dug a 1964 Rosie and a 5 cent wheat spill. He then took me to a cellar hole in a wooded area. I dug a 1908 IHC, my 1st toasted colonial copper, :occasion14: my 4th crotal bell, and a few other finds.

Today's Keepers

20160613_184612.webp

All of Today's Finds (less trash)

20160613_184356.webp

Staten Island Notables

20160613_105956.webp

All my Staten Island Finds (less trash)

20160613_105816.webp

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH
 
Upvote 48
It doesn't matter where you swing that Fisher.........you manage to find the good ones.........congrats
Good to see you meet up with a couple fellow TNet "sweepers"!
Ya must have done a good job on those brakes for the wife to be.........receptive to your side trip............:icon_thumleft:
 
Loco, it was great hunting with you again man. Conditions were brutal with the heat and bush, but you managed to score some keepers.

I took a look at that copper you found and believe I see a staff and wheel. Probably Lady Brittania on a chariot. Do you see it?

View attachment 1325330

I'm glad we got a hunt in with you bud. It's always a pleasure brother

Thanks Steve. I believe you may have ID'd it. :notworthy: I texted you a couple of pics I took tonight with the electric microscope. I was hoping you didn't ID it like you did on Charlie's last week. :laughing7: I know you had Ed going for a while (on Saturday), glad he finally got it. :tongue3:


Well done LD. Glad to see that you made out of NY in one piece!

Congrats on the nice finds.

I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Best of luck until then!

Thanks Tom, The days can't go by quick enough. Looking forward to swinging the coil with you & the Silver Mafia. :headbang: Will I need to bring a pick ax or are there going to be places that a lesche and shovel will work? I hear the soil can be baked rock hard down south in the summer.

Congratz Loco! What a great weekend of hunts!

Thanks CC, It was an experience I will not forget.

Wow, you've really been busy! Thanks for sharing your finds!

Thanks Tommy, I wish I could have dug more, at least enough to match the driving time, from OH to DE and then to NY and then the reverse.

That was a lot of hunting, some silver and old coppers! Congratualtions. :occasion14:

Thanks Professor, I'm happy with the keepers, It wouldn't be very nice of me to out dig the other's on their own turf. :tongue3: I know Charlie was so elated that he got me to a site that produced an old copper for me. That copper is packed full of great memories. :thumbsup:
 

Thanks Casper

It doesn't matter where you swing that Fisher.........you manage to find the good ones.........congrats
Good to see you meet up with a couple fellow TNet "sweepers"!
Ya must have done a good job on those brakes for the wife to be.........receptive to your side trip............:icon_thumleft:

Thanks Chizzy. I am 57 and had never taken any vacations in order to do what I like. This year I took my brother-in-law to "Diggin in PA" and we had a blast. I would have paid the money just to meet many of the members that I only know online. This has been a fun year. Just hunted in NY and soon to be in NC swinging the coil with Carolina Tom. She is very understanding of my 2 year old passion. I recon she know's there are far more worse things I could be doing. Taking care of her brakes is the least I can do for her. I do not get the Ca rte Blanche like I did in my inaugural season. I used to hunt 16 to 20 on the weekends and 2 hours a night in the summer, now I am relegated to hunting most weekends and a few nights a month. It's enough swing time to feed the dragon though.
 
Great Huntin' Loco! Man if you are averaging one silver per hunt that is awesome. Sub 8-)
 
Would you like me to ID yours like Charlie's?! Yours is much better than Charlie's
 
Sweet finds! Congrats!
Great get together!
 
Nice finds. Congratulations.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom