What's new

$390 in nickels today = some nice prizes

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, last day of spring break, and what better way to spend it then sitting at home crh'ing. Today, I beat my record for most nickels in a day. I went out on a road trip looking for halves, only got $30, checked by the teller for "Bicentennials," my area has just been sucked dry. But that didn't stop me from nickels. I got $50 in marked nickels, which I still checked, and got a bunch of extras. However, in the end, I lost about a $1 in short/penny in rolls. When I was picking up $240 at one bank, three rolls were rubber-banded together with a note that said "Do No Spend". I asked they teller why and she checked inside and said they were all dirty, but I bought them anyways. Turns out they were mostly war nickels and pre-60 that must have been buried or flooded or something. Well, about four hours later, here is what I got:

~120 pre 60's
1939 S semi-key
22 war nickels (middle row are the ones from the dirty lot, the two from the other $284 in nickels...)

With these new war nickels, I within striking distance, that is if I haven't already reached it, of getting a tray of war nickels

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3676.webp
    IMG_3676.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3677.webp
    IMG_3677.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0
The silver nickel master you are.

Golden Silver
 
WOW man your tearing up those nickels!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom