What's new

3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,448
Reaction score
3,341
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

The beaches have been beat up pretty good!! Almost 10 days straight with North, N.E., and East winds!! Whipping up the surf and attacking the sand!! Here's what I got the first time out (only about 2 hours and the tide chased me off with the wicked storm surge)! Wife's b-day is in July. Yep found it in 2 hours and lost it in 2sec. :dontknow: :occasion13:

Update:
Went to the gemologist today, and had him look at the Ruby ring. Well I just about hit the floor!!! We looked at it under a 30x microscope and he said it's Real! Also measured it at 2.78ct! Not Pigeon Blood Red however a nice saturated Red with a fine cut and sparkle!! He showed me the Silk inclusions, looked like straight lines! He thought maybe vs1 or better! Also suggested to have it certified for insurance and to find out if it's a natural! This is when I got the head rush! Retail 5,000 to 15,000 depending on if it is natural and not heat treated!!!!! :oOMG!!!! :oNO FRICKING WAY!!! :oI'M STUNNED!! Hours later and I'm still shaken and nauseated!!! My wife god bless her said "Honey maybe we should sell it! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
 

Attachments

  • ruby4.webp
    ruby4.webp
    44 KB · Views: 842
  • ruby 2.webp
    ruby 2.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 833
  • ruby3.webp
    ruby3.webp
    24 KB · Views: 842
  • ruby 5.webp
    ruby 5.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 838
  • ruby 6.webp
    ruby 6.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 829
Upvote 0
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

Great great going! Keep it up! Love that ruby!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

Super sweet finds, WTG!!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

Stunning ruby ring, SnT :notworthy:

Keep posting those treasures :hello2:

Lorraine
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

That's awesome!! I can't wait to get down to Carson Beach before the throngs of people start to come after Memorial Day (well at least when the weather warms up a little). Nice finds!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

Fantastic Ruby find...... I say banner on it... :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

Treasure_Hunter said:
Fantastic Ruby find...... I saw banner on it... :icon_thumright:

Thanks TH, Coming from you that's quite the compliment!! :icon_pirat:
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

That is a RUBY!!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

That is one sweet find!! Plus the others are nice. You could'nt talk her into taking one of the other rings?
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver

Thats beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllllll :thumbsup:
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Man I love this hobby!!!!!!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Nice Job :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

that is a beauty! congrats! she should keep it though
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Very nice SnT!! Savor that moment as long as you can. That's why we do what we do! Hope you keep that hot streak going! You are da man!!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

JMW said:
Very nice SnT!! Savor that moment as long as you can. That's why we do what we do! Hope you keep that hot streak going! You are da man!!

JMW Thanks Brother!
I'm sooooo excited my wife thinks I'm on drugs! :laughing7: I am it's called Metal Detecting!!! Really can't believe it! Even if it's not a natural it's still got value! I'm one lucky Bastard!! ;D Hope you and everyone else gets to feel this way!! Hope all is well!! Cya on the beach!

SnT
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

It's not drugs ..it's called being a kid again...........congrads on the beautiful red one SnT..............
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

OldeBeechnut said:
It's not drugs ..it's called being a kid again...........congrads on the beautiful red one SnT..............

Thanks OBN,
It dose feel good!!!!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

beautiful find. way to go!!!
 
Re: 3ct. Ruby and some Gold&Silver -UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

cellar dweller said:
beautiful find. way to go!!!

Thanks fellow New Englander!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom