What's new

3rd Battle of Winchester VA site

pickettj1970

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live 1.5 miles from the site and wonder about where are good places to hunt? I would venture to guess that union and confederate troops were all over this area. Obviously we can't hunt on the official battlefield grounds. Thanks.
 
pickettj1970 said:
I live 1.5 miles from the site and wonder about where are good places to hunt? I would venture to guess that union and confederate troops were all over this area. Obviously we can't hunt on the official battlefield grounds. Thanks.

I guess since you live so close, any spot you can get permission to hunt has potential. Farmer Brown's back forty might be good, if you can get permission. Try to pinpoint fields near old railroad stops. Look for big old fields and try to get permission to head out into the back forty. Try to get close to steams or rivers. The toughest part is getting permission to hunt in the first place. Good luck pickett.
 
gleaner1 said:
pickettj1970 said:
I live 1.5 miles from the site and wonder about where are good places to hunt? I would venture to guess that union and confederate troops were all over this area. Obviously we can't hunt on the official battlefield grounds. Thanks.

I guess since you live so close, any spot you can get permission to hunt has potential. Farmer Brown's back forty might be good, if you can get permission. Try to pinpoint fields near old railroad stops. Look for big old fields and try to get permission to head out into the back forty. Try to get close to steams or rivers. The toughest part is getting permission to hunt in the first place. Good luck pickett.


I agree, Good luck
 
Thank you very much. Yes, pickett what a great last name! Not so great in jr. high though! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom