wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I got out for 2.5 hours while my mom was in dialysis today. a few decent finds nothing great. I found an axle from a small wagon or cart of some sort,the larger cobblers last in the photo,the other was found last year,the handle is from the sad iron in the photo but the iron was found last week. 2 .38 caliber bullets,1 flattened musket ball,2 iron railroad spikes from the old railroad that ran by the lake,and of course my usual 2 lbs of sinkers.

42810.jpg

happy hunting to all

Upvote 0
Nice to see other Ohioans finding interesting stuff!

Beavercreek
SW Ohio
SKD

interesting is right on, you never know what will get dug up next. and it is good for you as well as profitable, now how can you beat that ?

I noticed that you live in Wakeman....I have family there! They live on a farm, Denman Rd!

heck yeah, I used to go fishing at ortners pond for bluegill and bass, I worked with dennis for awhile in vermilion too.

It's one of the farms on Denman. family still lives on the property but they're elderly and lease the land now.
I need to visit and walk the vemillion river...it's so magical to me!

winter keeps rearing its ugly head, one day its 80 degrees and the next its trying to snow on us. it was supposed to be 73 today but 55-60 is more like it. I did get the grass mowed though.

I used to walk the vermilion river near our house and a small tributary near the 60 bridge. I would find all kinds of fishing lures,turtle rocks,knives,and old junk from the 4th of july 1969 flood that wiped out the trailer park.

have you ever been to bigrock ? it has dates chiseled into it dating back to the 1800's, I think that will be on my agenda this year if we get a drought and I get blown off the lake. it could surprise me with a few good finds.

I saw a fox once while walking the small tributary, he was crossing the creek on a fallen log. I had alot of fun goofing off down at the river.

neat finds :icon_thumleft: are them shoe horns?????? MR TUFF

wwwtimmcp said:
heck yeah, I used to go fishing at ortners pond for bluegill and bass, I worked with dennis for awhile in vermilion too.
My home town 'Vermilion'! ..When the winds are up ..hit the Black sand at hole in the wall! My dad found some really old coins that way :headbang:.. Oh and nice finds :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back