What's new

4.5 celts

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I have been fortunate enough to find four complete celts. I have a few partials and a preform as well. Anyway these are the 4 complete celts, and a bit that is about identical to one of the complete ones and from the same site. The one above the bit half is a small complete celt too. Oh and I have found the poll end of another I would really like to find the rest of.
IMG_0825.webpIMG_0771.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very nice! Not many of those in my area. Only found one complete and several busted and broke pieces along with a couple chipped axes. Hoping there is still a few out there waiting.
 
I've been lucky and have found quite a few Celts in my area but I have only found two complete Axes in 51 years of hunting.
 
We are blessed to have hardstone in our area but still don't have but a couple, really cool finds!
 
Most of the hard stone in my area are in the quartz sections where there is no flint. I have found some pieces but only 1 celt whole. Nice collection
 
Nice finds and good luck on your hunt for the other part:thumbsup:
 
Very nice and hard to find whole thougt the internet is full of them. I am hunting a site that has produced a few green stone celts but none for me yet there. Happy New Year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom