4 days dredging

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
Looks like a good spot plus a goodly amount of gold.

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
That is some fine fine gold think about setting up a grizzly over the whole top of your riffles with flat metal openings running forward also smaller riffles friend of mines setup his sluice that way and has been getting a LOT more fine gold

OP
OP
A

abearzzz

Dec 4, 2005
flyspekau said:
That is some fine fine gold think about setting up a grizzly over the whole top of your riffles with flat metal openings running forward also smaller riffles friend of mines setup his sluice that way and has been getting a LOT more fine gold
do you have pictures or a drawing of this....more gold always interest me...

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Aberazzz I don't have anything to show you sorry.

Soon as I get a new camera I will get some shots of what I'm talking about for you the idea is to use the flat metal over the top of riffles this will make all the larger material run over the top ( kinda like a double sluice ) of the sluice giving the small gold a better chance of holding this is called a LOW VOLUME AREA if you watch the video in this section that was posted for information Matt in his video shows an area of his sluice box where he has punched plate and talks about low volume and fine gold, this should only be used in areas where your sure there are no nuggets larger then say 1/4" :dontknow:

OP
OP
A

abearzzz

Dec 4, 2005
Since i had my dredge flip over when they opened the dam and lost my grizzly plate on the top section i had to make a new one, ... made it from 3/8th punch plate...yes we have nuggets larger than 1/4 inch..(I have not caught any yet but my friend Kev_nc did while dredging right beside me...) so i know the nug's are there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread