ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Remember when I said I had to find a pocket? Today I hit a small one. All the silver came from it and three of the gold. The broken gold ring came from an area I hit already.

Played with the Tiger Shark exclusively today. I am beginning to like those whisper sounds it makes. I found the spot I got the half and a buffalo in today. Boy am I happy I did. I can't believe how far away from shore I was playing. Didn't think I got that far out. Anyway, Six quarters, one is a SLQ, Seven dimes, five mercs , 2 roseys and two war nickles. Two 1937 buffalo and two Jefferson. One silver ring and two 10K rings and one 14k band. The broken ring isn't marked and was soldered. it is a bit suspect. I have to have that one checked. Three brass rings.

Eleven wheats, oldest is 1917, a king George and there was a house in there for some strange reason.

A set of WW2 dog tags, 1944 are interesting. My second set from there. The can opener is Goebel Beer

Upvote 15

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavens to Murgatroyd man, that's just mental! I can't imagine consistently finding that many good finds.

I'm curious how much clad you find in there, or is it mostly older coins?

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds once again Scuba! What is the golden spool-like item in the picture with the can opener? I found one of those last weekend.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Heavens to Murgatroyd man, that's just mental! I can't imagine consistently finding that many good finds.

I'm curious how much clad you find in there, or is it mostly older coins?

I found a clad quarter one day. That is it. They closed this beach in the early 1960's. My Jefferson nickels are all 1938 - war nickels. I have found a few houses, no zincolns though.

Great finds once again Scuba! What is the golden spool-like item in the picture with the can opener? I found one of those last weekend.

That is a brass spool for a fishing reel.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I tell my daughter about you I nick named you the Gold fish she always asked what did Gold fish find whenever I'm on this site, how come you cant be a Goldfish LOL Great finds I'm glad you do so well, you always have good to say about members finds and are very helpful and given me good advice. also with the tips on your page for members to use Thanks for sharing your finds. Stay safe !!!!!!!!!!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unreal how many good finds you find each hunt, Congtats!!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Unreal how many good finds you find each hunt, Congtats!!

Not really unreal when you realize I have this underwater park all to myself. If you came across a park that was used from 1909 - the 1960's by thousands daily in the summer that was huge and never hunted and overgrown you would have it made also. I never play where the waders have hit it. I have never seen another diver except Kevin. Even if I did most wouldn't hunt the way I do, I don't think. I have a few secrets I haven't shared. Just in case other divers want to play in the waters I do. One day I will share more.

Another thing to realize. When a coin or ring was dropped in the water, unlike on land it was gone. With so many people playing the water is stirred up and nothing can be seen. I am sure some of the first people swimming there with goggles spotted coins and rings, however, most were already buried under the sand.

I MIGHT have found the floating dock. I found some 55 gallon drums out there. All these finds were very close to them in 8' of water. I am also pretty close to the chain with the iron ring on the end. The drums are mostly buried and I haven't found a chain on them yet but I am guessing one is there. I know there are more hot spots to discover.

Wait till I find the bottom of the two slides. If I do, I will be able to sit in one spot and really clean up. I think then my finds will become unreal. More like completely insane.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Great finds I tell my daughter about you I nick named you the Gold fish she always asked what did Gold fish find whenever I'm on this site, how come you cant be a Goldfish LOL Great finds I'm glad you do so well, you always have good to say about members finds and are very helpful and given me good advice. also with the tips on your page for members to use Thanks for sharing your finds. Stay safe !!!!!!!!!!

Kind of funny. When I run out of air and come up. Kevin and I have to tell each other how many goldfish we find. Any gold is a goldfish. My nickname from my children was sharky.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Superb job. I am glad you were able to relocate the site, within your site. It's only fitting that you find the things you do. That is a lot of effort expended in getting them.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really unreal when you realize I have this underwater park all to myself. If you came across a park that was used from 1909 - the 1960's by thousands daily in the summer that was huge and never hunted and overgrown you would have it made also. I never play where the waders have hit it. I have never seen another diver except Kevin. Even if I did most wouldn't hunt the way I do, I don't think. I have a few secrets I haven't shared. Just in case other divers want to play in the waters I do. One day I will share more.

Another thing to realize. When a coin or ring was dropped in the water, unlike on land it was gone. With so many people playing the water is stirred up and nothing can be seen. I am sure some of the first people swimming there with goggles spotted coins and rings, however, most were already buried under the sand.

I MIGHT have found the floating dock. I found some 55 gallon drums out there. All these finds were very close to them in 8' of water. I am also pretty close to the chain with the iron ring on the end. The drums are mostly buried and I haven't found a chain on them yet but I am guessing one is there. I know there are more hot spots to discover.

Wait till I find the bottom of the two slides. If I do, I will be able to sit in one spot and really clean up. I think then my finds will become unreal. More like completely insane.

You are on point about the slides.
Slides and rope swing spots are by far the best "honey holes".

Barrels are creepy. ehh heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and PS...
You are fortunate with this spot...

Most spots like what you describe look like this...

Walking dead Detecting.jpg

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big time congrats to you Mr. Sharkey.
Those are some sweet finds. It's posts like this one, that are motivating me to get back to a Scuba certification class. I have knowledge of a few locations that are just out of reach of the waders.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another fantastic hunt! Lots of jewelry, coins and a military dog tag... Congratualtions! :notworthy:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Just incredible. I really don't know what to say...

Congrats on scoring a set of dog tags. I seem to remember someone had a WW1 set just the other day...

As usual, I will await your next set of finds, this will be very hard to beat.

Best of luck to you sir! (Not that you need it)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
190onfire.jpg ...I have a friend ..does not post here ...he kills it with hookah system hitting out around where floating rafts were at old fresh water spots
90% all old finds - rafts were removed from a lot bchs around here in the 60s-70s - too many drownings - kids trying to make it out to them
1822-20150213-GoodWork.jpg

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Update. The verdict is in. The broken ring is 10K gold and both sets of teeth are 16K gold. So I did officially find 4 gold yesterday. I need to break my record I set last year of 7 though.

Thanks for the replies. You can't find it if you are not looking! Today I am not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread