Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were camping with family this weekend at a park that usually produces some gold and silver jewelry from the fresh water swimming areas. The problem is that it has been so cold and the area gets heavily detected each year and cleaned out pretty good so it was possible there would not be any new finds and anything left was probably tiny at best. I did have to spend some time with the grand kids so I wasn’t sure how much time I would get to swing the ATPro. I was hoping to get lucky. That’s one of the things that make this fun, the surprises we find.

I managed to detect for a total of 12 hours in the 3 days we were there and as predicted the finds were small, but there were some nice ones. The water was cold and it was tough to stay in longer than 4 hours at a time. The gold and silver came from as shallow as 18 inches of water and as deep as 4 feet. I have the ATPro set on pro zero with the iron discrimination on 30, iron audio on and the sensitivity set 2 down from max. I only found 14 coins with a face value of $.54 (actually a decent number of coins for this early), a 14k earring back, a tiny 10k earring with a heart shaped cz, a 14k hinged earring with 3 small diamonds, a 14k butterfly earring, a stainless ring, 3 silver earrings with czs, 4 silver earring backs, a piece of fused silver chain that may have been a ring, a squashed penny, 9 cheapie earrings, a cheapie pendant, a clasp and a possible brass ring that was straightened.

80F77CBB-BFFD-4112-81DA-9D85989F0971.jpeg CA5F86F7-322C-4C3E-A8E5-AAA9229D6D8E.jpeg

I probably need to change my name to earring back finder LOL since I found 19 brass or plated earring backs plus the 5 silver and gold ones and I probably found 60 or 70 last year. Now for the less valuable finds that you need to dig to get the gold and silver. I also dig some of the strong iron signals to help clean up and in case a smaller better target in near by. One of the silver earring backs actually came up in the scoop of sand with a bobbie pin. Most of the items in this picture sound the same as the goodies, but aren’t worth much. The 19 earring backs, small fishing sinkers, retainers from selfie sticks, pellet gun pellets, small aluminum disks, bits of foil (not pictured) and 3 pieces of old aluminum soda caps from the 80s. The center item is a Super Mario coin/token that is ferrous metal, but it was just under the sand and was so loud I had to scoop it out.

D2347DB6-DD2F-4184-8B13-44886131DE9B.jpeg

I also found 3 toy cars, a stainless carabiner good up to 700 kg, a stainless spoon and pair of sunglasses.

ABEA8C2D-0E8D-4DB3-ACA2-F15B3BCC6B10.jpeg

So a good weekend. Gold and silver are always welcome even if they are small. Sometimes it hardly seems worth the effort to pull these tiny things from the sand, but I enjoy finding them so to me it is worth it. Didn’t make a fortune, but I had some fun and my 15 year old granddaughter helped me sift the sand from my scoop and pull out the goodies for a few hour so that was good. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 17

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was a good weekend for hunting. I like that Iwo Jima elongated penny. My Father in law was in that battle in the Marine Corps.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who digs more than ONE earring back in a hunt is a micro-signal-digger, hero, champion, bada**.

Good job getting the goodies

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!! Congrats!!