4 Hour in a Forest Preserve (.925)

TreasureHead

Aug 12, 2013
Orlando FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day started real slow. Dug and dug and dug lots of large pieces of iron buried about a foot or more, must've came from the railroads tracks nearby.
Eventually I crossed the tracks and made my way into another portion of forest. After a few hits, I get a spoon, then a fork...then another fork (with a significant amount a silver remaining) then a knife! then a pocketknife!! jeez! talk about utensils! It was a lot of fun digging up old silverware but I was really searching for my favorite find, silver coins. After 2 more hours of more deep iron and only a junk ring to show for it, I was getting a bit tuckered out. The place must've been worked pretty hard by other guys, but it seemed undisturbed. Another hour, still nothing significant. Hmm, I'll try a new place next time. I made my way back to the Jeep, I was going call it a day, but still had my coil on the ground as I made my way towards the car.Just then, right near the road and parking lot...

Beep...I get a signal...sounds alright, heck, might as well dig it. SHIMMER SHIMMER :hello2: Oh my word! I couldn't believe it!

My first 1962 Silver Washington Quarter!!! I've found a Barber, Walking, and now I can finally add this guy to my collection, completing the trifecta! Now I'm thirsty for a Seated or Bust. That would simply magical. Also got a couple wheaties (41,53) in the same area.

There she is in all her glory:thumbsup:
2013-05-27 12.22.39.jpg 2013-05-27 12.22.55.jpg

Here's all the utensils and such
2013-05-27 12.22.19.jpg

Thanks for looking! Enjoy your day! HH!

Upvote 3

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the silver! The silverware looks pretty old also. Not including the plastic handle kitchen knife haha :)

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waitng for my first. ( If you hunt they will come.) LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions