What's new

4 old coppers today

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these things this morning, at a big field that keeps giving but is very hard on copper. 3 LC's and a mystery. 1940 wheat umbrella piece and a couple buttons. Good luck to all. Art. That's my red truck way back by trees.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160625_074846925.webp
    IMG_20160625_074846925.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0328.webp
    DSC_0328.webp
    419 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0327.webp
    DSC_0327.webp
    305.7 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 44
Well worth a short walk. Congrats on the big copper [emoji106]

HH RN
 
Good work, Art. Definitely hard fought gains today. Must be a great reward to pull a large cent after covering lots of ground.
 
Congrats on some nice finds Art. :thumbsup: I think all 4 are Large Cents.
 
Jeeeze o weeeze I cant imagine finding all that in one hunt wow Great job
 
WTG! Great finds all in one hunt. Congrats!
 
Nice to find all those coppers at one time.
 
Good deal Trapper,
Looks like a really big permission.
Those large coppers make all your efforts so worth it.
Congrats
 
Nice work! Yea the fertilizer and the dirt on the shore really eat the copper and large cents. The weird ring thing held ball bearings. Where on the shore are you? I am by Easton Md.
 
Sweet day with the big coppers, Congrats!! The most I found on one hunt was four and the same hunt found a Spanish silver. Maybe there's some Spanish silver waiting there for you.
 
Great old copper recoveries! :occasion14:
 
Sweet day with the big coppers, Congrats!! The most I found on one hunt was four and the same hunt found a Spanish silver. Maybe there's some Spanish silver waiting there for you.

Found a few Spanish silvers there, also where I found the 5 capped silvers
 
Nice work! Yea the fertilizer and the dirt on the shore really eat the copper and large cents. The weird ring thing held ball bearings. Where on the shore are you? I am by Easton Md.

I'm way up north Elkton MD. Head of the Elk river
 
Great finds. I need to start searching some plowed fields.
 
They need to swim in olive oil for a bit.
 
Found a few Spanish silvers there, also where I found the 5 capped silvers

That's Awesome!! I got one Capped Bust Half dime from our site.
 
That's quite a haul of old coppers! Finding one would make my whole month. Well done!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom