What's new

4 Silver, 6 Buffs, 9 Wheats, 3 Buckles and some more stuff.

Ant

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
3,404
Reaction score
554
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I concentrated on the same RR site that I hit this past, past weekend. The blue circle in the first photo show the area the 6 buffs came up at.
The list goes something like this:
2 mercury dimes, 2 Roosevelt dimes, 6 buffalo nickels and 9 wheat pennies. A cool dog license, a few strange jeweled items and a few buckles.

The Giant Grip buckle is marked Nickel Silver and PAT. 12-13-21, and that I can make out on the ARIZONA STATE buckle is PAT. ?-8-27. One strange thing is that all the buffalo nickels came from a small area, about 8’x 8’ in size. I might stop cleaning my buffs because the always come out bad. Thanks for looking and good luck.
 

Attachments

  • 6 Buf Day 1.webp
    6 Buf Day 1.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 757
  • 6 Buf Day 2.webp
    6 Buf Day 2.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 735
  • 6 Buf Day 3.webp
    6 Buf Day 3.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 756
  • 6 Buf Day 4.webp
    6 Buf Day 4.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 744
  • 6 Buf Day 5.webp
    6 Buf Day 5.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 737
  • 6 Buf Day 6.webp
    6 Buf Day 6.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 742
  • 6 Buf Day 7.webp
    6 Buf Day 7.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 747
  • 6 Buf Day 8.webp
    6 Buf Day 8.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 745
  • 6 Buf Day 9.webp
    6 Buf Day 9.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,935
  • 6 Buf Day 10.webp
    6 Buf Day 10.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 745
  • 6 Buf Day 11.webp
    6 Buf Day 11.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 737
  • 6 Buf Day 13 Train.webp
    6 Buf Day 13 Train.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 731
Upvote 0
Cool finds. Soak the buffs in Worchesire sauce overnight and they'll look good as new.
 
Thanks everybody, and good luck.

azmetaldetector said:
Nice finds. I tumble my buffalo nickels and sometime they come out OK.
I noticed in your picture a button that resembles a flower. I found one just like that in a downtown Phoenix lot on Monday!

Hi azmetaldetector.
If you look at it closely you'll see that it looks like it is part of a buckle.

Thanks for the reply

pennyfinderjim said:
:icon_cheers: WOW!!! What a great group of finds ! Love the silver and the buffs. Looks like the silver is in great shape. Do you reckon there could have been an old concession stand or something of that nature in that area and maybe produced a spill of nickles? Just a thought :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Anyway, congrats on the finds and keep up the good work!! HH and good luck. Jim

Hi pennyfinderjim.
I sort of thought of that, and I also thought it might have been a spot that picked up passengers for the short trip to the local watering hole. You are right on target, thanks for your thoughts and kind words.

Captn_SE said:
Nice find, Anthony!!

I was expecting to see some more gold, but all those old coins have me smiling just the same!! :thumbsup:

Great spot you've got there!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan. I'm going to hit the gold spots this Sunday; I’m still concentrating on the RR site Saturday. I'm wishing for a Gold Coin.
Thanks again Dan and HH.

juju said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
WTG thats an awesome hunt. Sure looks warm. Congrats.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

At this time of year it’s just right around here, except between the hours of 1:00PM and 3:00PM when it heats up a little.

eathabs said:
Ant, what a haul!!! How man legs are on the back of the 1937 buff?

Hal

Hi eathabs and thanks.
It's a four legger, dang it.

notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
WTG Ant nice finds! If that '37 buff has 4 legs then I will tell you how to get them clean. first get some red cider vinegar, then some table salt, mix 1 teaspoon of salt in enough vinegar to cover buff by 1/2 inch in a disposable plastic container. Next soak discolored nickels in solution till they turn a nasty battleship grey color, remove from solution and rinse, if not clean enough yet, make fresh mixture, soak again. After they are grey again toss in stone tumbler with some aquarium gravel, put some Dawn dish detergent and enough water to just cover the nickels, tumble for about 10 to 15 minutes, check cleaning/polishing process, if not regular circulated color put back in till they are, rinse well and dry off. DO NOT do this with valuable Buff's...........NGE (T)

Hi notgittinenny.
Thanks for the tip and kind words.

watercolor said:
Ant, great hunt!

Railroad sites can be very productive. . . Gypsy Heart shared a very cool tip while at the Chisholm trail hunt this fall. . . try looking for debris piles along the ROW where rail cars were staged while having their floors swept out.

Best of luck & Happy Holidays!
watercolor

Hi watercolor, thanks for the tip kind words.
SusanMN said:
Cool finds. Soak the buffs in Worchesire sauce overnight and they'll look good as new.

Hi SnsanMN, thanks for the tip and kind words.
 
Six Buffs in a hunt is amazing! I might have to try the Worcestershire sauce thing myself!
 
Hey Great Finds! That Onionskin Marble might be worth a pretty penny too! Looks like it has Mica! Don't lose it. Look that baby up!
 
Looks like a great hunt!!! Love how you got so many oldies in one hunt!!!! :)
 
Any idea on what type of hot wheel that is.Just wondering if it's a tootsietoy.New to this forum.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom